This recipe takes 10 minutes to prepare and 35-40 minutes to cook. It makes 12 pieces of brownie.
Suitable for: Vegetarian.
Allergen information: Egg, wheat flour (gluten).
Cooking information: 180°C, 160°C fan, Gas 4
- 100g butter, cut into pieces
- 100g plain chocolate, broken into chunks
- 300g caster sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 100g plain flour
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 100g blueberries, fresh or frozen
To make the Chocolate and Blueberry Brownies
- Grease and line the base of an 18cm square cake tin with baking parchment.
- Melt the butter and chocolate in a large bowl over a pan of simmering water. Remove from the heat and leave to cool slightly.
- Use a wooden spoon to stir the sugar into the chocolate mixture, then add the eggs, one at a time, stirring well each time until mixed in. Add the flour and cocoa powder and stir for one minute until smooth. Stir in half the blueberries.
- Spoon the mixture into the tin and scatter over the remaining blueberries.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes (180°c, 160°c fan, Gas Mark 4) until the top feels firm but the inside still has a squidgy texture. Test with a skewer.
- Serve while still warm or leave to cool in the tin.
- This recipe works equally well with fresh or frozen berries, making it a perfect standby dessert.
- Why not try swapping the blueberries for raspberries, or if you prefer you can make it without any berries – just chocolate!
Nutrition: per serving
Kcal - 254; Fat - 10.6g; Saturates - 6.3g; Carbs - 39.4g; Sugars - 32.3g; Fibre - 1g; Protein - 2.8g; Salt - 0g