Home Instead network is a nationwide franchise network and each office operating under the Home Instead brand is independently owned and operated. The right to operate and to licence others to operate a Home Instead business in the UK belongs to Home Instead Limited, a company registered in England & Wales. Our company registration number is 5564869 and our registered office address is Unit 2 Walnut Tree Business Centre, Walnut Tree Farm, Lower Stretton, Warrington WA4 4PG.
All references to “We” or “Us” in this Promise are references to Home Instead Limited only. For information about how our franchised offices collect and use personal information, please refer to a separate Promise which can be found on each office’s own page.
This Privacy Promise describes how we collect and use personal information about you in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Data Protection Act 2018. We are committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information.
This website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
Our promise to you:
We will comply with data protection law when it comes to the processing of your data. This says that the personal information we hold about you must be:
- Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way.
- Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes.
- Relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes.
- Accurate and kept up to date.
- Kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about.
- Kept securely.
How to Contact Us
You can always contact Us by:
|Telephoning us||01925 730 273|
|Sending us an email to||[email protected]|
We are always happy to talk to you, however if your query relates to specific operations of an individual Home Instead franchise then such query will need to be directed to that specific office.
All enquiries relating to job applications should be directed to the Home Instead office who is advertising the vacancy unless you are enquiring about a live-in care position.
Our Privacy Champion is
Telephone: 01925 732 475
Email: [email protected]
What information we collect about you and why
Enquiries about provision of care services
If you are enquiring about the services which our network offers and complete the enquiry form, we record the following information about you and/or the individual who may be requiring our services:
- Name and surname;
- Contact details such as email address, telephone number; postal address including postcode;
- The relationship of the individual completing the enquiry form to the potential recipient of our services;
- Any requirements of the potential recipient of the services including any medical and/or health conditions;
- Brief details of any other individual or pet residing at the address where services are required (e.g. relationship to the individual requiring the services and age).
We collect the above data for the purposes of matching you with the Home Instead office which provides the services in the territory where the individual requiring the services lives (“Local Franchised Office”). If we do not have a Local Franchised Office in your area, we will pass your details to the closest franchise office in your area.
Enquiries about Live In Care Jobs
All enquiries in relation to live-in roles are managed by our subsidiary Home Instead SC Ltd trading as SuperCarers (Registered No.: 12580451) and whose registered office address is at Unit 2, Walnut Tree Business Centre, Walnut Tree Farm, Lower Stretton, Warrington, Cheshire WA4 4PG (“SuperCarers”).
Once you click the 'Submit' button, your information will go directly to SuperCarers, who will contact to discuss your interest. For information about how SuperCarers will use your personal data please refer to https://supercarers.com/privacy/ .
Using Contact Us function
If you complete a CONTACT US form, we collect the following information:
- Your name and surname;
- Email address / Telephone number;
- Type of Enquiry.
We will use the above information, in order to respond to your query.
If you contact us by email and telephone, we will only collect and process the personal data which you provide to us and it shall only be used for the purposes for which you provide your personal data to us. For example, if you contact us with an enquiry about the provision of care, we may take your details to forward them to one of our local Home Instead offices only. We will not retain your data or use your data for any other purpose.
When visiting our website you will have the option to subscribe to receive educational and promotional material from us and your Local Franchised Office. We will only send you promotional marketing and educational material if you have subscribed to receive it. You will have the opportunity to specify how you wish to receive such material and we will only contact you by the means you have specified, i.e. email, mobile, landline or all contact options. You will have the opportunity to unsubscribe from all or some of the marketing material at any time. If you wish to unsubscribe, simply choose the Unsubscribe option or contact us and let us know that you no longer wish to be on our mailing list.
We will only use your personal data for marketing purposes for as long as you consent to receiving such communications from us and until you unsubscribe.
Your information is safe with us and we will not share your personal data for marketing purposes with any third party other than as specified in this policy.
How long we keep your data
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
If you have used the “Save for Later” function you will have 8 weeks from the date on which you saved your form to retrieve it, complete it and submit it to us. If you do not retrieve and submit your form during this period, your data will be deleted automatically upon the expiry of 8 weeks.
For all data submitted to us via our website, we will keep your details for a period of 6 months from the date of submission. Upon expiry of that period, your data will be automatically anonymised. Please note that where we have shared your data with our franchised offices, your data held by the franchised offices will be subject to their own terms and conditions.
Where Your Data is stored
Your data will be stored on our secure servers currently located in Manchester, Dublin and Amsterdam.
We do not transfer your data outside of the European Economic Area and use UK or European data centres.
Because the data we hold about you is your data, you have the following rights in respect of the personal data we hold about you:
- Right to Access – this means that you can ask us for a copy of all personal data we hold about you. This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Correction Right – if you believe that any of the information we hold about you is incorrect or out of date, you have the right to correct such information by providing us with the correct up to date information. In addition, you can ask us to delete the incorrect or out of date information and we will be happy to do so unless we are prevented from doing so by law or regulation.
- Right to be Forgotten – this enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. Please note that where we are obliged to keep your personal data because of a regulatory or legal requirement, we will not be able to delete the data and must continue to retain it.
- Right to Restrict Processing – in some limited circumstances you have the right to restrict the processing of your data.
- Right of Objection to Processing – you have the right to object to us using your data for direct marketing purposes and to profiling.
- Right of Data Portability – you have the right to request a copy of the personal data we hold about you in a commonly used and machine-readable format. We can provide your data either to you or to such other third party as you specify in your request.
- Automated Decision-Making Objection Right – automated decision-making is where a decision is made entirely by technological means without human intervention. We don’t use or rely on automated decision-making.
If you would like to exercise any of the above rights, please contact (preferably in writing) our Privacy Champion using the contact details above.
Right to Complain
If you have any concerns about our handling of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (“ICO”) by visiting https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or telephoning the ICO helpline on 0303 123 1113.
We keep our Promise under regular review. This Privacy Promise was last updated in November 2020.
If you have any questions about this privacy notice, please contact our Privacy Champion.