Are you caring for an ageing parent or relative with Alzheimer's disease? Do you work with older people and want to know more about dementia?
Do you want to find out more about what causes dementia, and the signs to watch for? Are you familiar with the behaviours - such as wandering and aggression - that can be caused by Alzheimer's and other dementias?
During Dementia Awareness Week (19th - 25th May), Home Instead will be running a series of Free Educational Workshops across the Harrogate & Hambleton Districts.
These workshops are aimed at Health & Social Care Professionals, Volunteers & Family Carers and is the 1st of a series of 4 workshops which will be rolled out throughout the remainder of the year.
Developed as part of Home Instead's leading CARE programme (Changing Ageing through Research & Education) at the Home Instead Centre for Successful Ageing, based at the University of Nebraska Medical Centre, this workshop will help you:
- Learn about the causes of Alzheimer's disease or other dementias.
- Recognise the symptoms of Alzheimer's disease or other dementias.
- Discover how Alzheimer's disease and other dementias are diagnosed.
- Understand more about the behaviours that can be caused by the symptoms of Alzheimer's disease and other dementias.
Workshops will be taking place on: Monday 20th May (11am to 12 noon) @ Community House, Ripon
- Wednesday 22nd May (11am to 12 noon) @ Community House, Harrogate
- Thursday 23rd May (11am to 12 noon) @ East Thirsk Community Hall, Thirsk
- Friday 24th May (1.30pm to 2.30pm) @ Home Instead, Ripley
- Please call 01423 774490 to book your FREE Place.