We take the security of the information you entrust to us extremely seriously and that includes information which is personal to you.
This Data Protection Promise describes how we collect and use personal information about you in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Data Protection Act 2018.
Who We Are
We are Home Instead Senior Care UK Limited, a company registered in England & Wales. Our company registration number is 5564869 and our registered office address is Unit 2 Walnut Tree Business Centre, Walnut Tree Farm, Lower Stretton, Warrington WA4 4PG.
Our Privacy Champion is
Sharon Jones. Telephone: 01925 732 475 Email: [email protected]
How to Contact Us
You can always contact Us by:
|Telephoning us||01925 732 460|
|Sending us an email to||[email protected]|
We will comply with data protection law when it comes to the processing of your data. This says that the personal information we hold about you must be:
- Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way.
- Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes.
- Relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes.
- Accurate and kept up to date.
- Kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about.
- Kept securely.
Why we collect your personal data and our legal basis for doing so
We collect and process your personal data for the purposes of:
|Performance of a contract||✔ evaluating your application to purchase a Home Instead Senior Care franchise
✔ making a decision about your application and
✔ entering into a franchise agreement with you
|Consent||✔ to invite you to open days or meetings with us
✔ to share information on territories available and resale opportunities we may have
✔ to keep you updated on franchise news and our proposition
|Legitimate Interest||✔ to share information with you to help you make an informed decision on becoming a Home Instead Senior Care franchisee|
Where we are relying on your consent, you can withdraw your consent at any time either by unsubscribing from our communications or by telephoning or emailing us.
What personal data we collect
If you are applying to purchase a franchise from us, we may collect, store, and use the following categories of personal information about you:
- Your IP address
- Personal contact details such as name, title, addresses, telephone numbers, and personal email addresses
- Date of birth, gender, marital status and dependants
- Education and qualification details;
- Past employment and career background
If you fail to provide certain information when requested, we may not be able to continue to consider your application.
How is your personal information collected
We typically collect personal information directly from you through the application and franchise recruitment process, through your visit to our website either via the Contact Us and/or enquiry forms or through Live Chat facility, sometimes at exhibitions, external websites or adverts where you indicated that you wish to hear from us and submitted your contact information. We may sometimes collect additional information from third parties including your friends or colleagues who may have referred you or brokers whom we use.
How long we keep your data
We will keep your personal data for as long as you wish to continue to hear from us and until such time as you unsubscribe.
Who has Access to Your Data
We do not share your data with any third party.
Where Your Data is stored
We do not, as a matter of course, transfer your data outside of the European Economic Area and use, as far as possible, UK or European data centres. Where we use providers who only have overseas-based data centres we only do so in limited circumstances and always only after completing a thorough due diligence process to ensure the continued safety and security of your data.
Because the data we hold about you is your data, you have the following rights in respect of the personal data we hold about you:
- Right to Access – this means that you can ask us for a copy of all personal data we hold about you.
- Correction Right – if you believe that any of the information we hold about you is incorrect or out of date, you have the right to correct such information by providing us with the correct up to date information. In addition, you can ask us to delete the incorrect or out of date information and we will be happy to do so unless we are prevented from doing so by law or regulation.
- Right to be Forgotten – you have the right to ask us to delete the personal data we hold about you where such data is used for direct marketing purposes or is processed as a result of you consenting to such processing.
- Right of Objection to Processing – you have the right to object to us using your data for direct marketing purposes.
If you would like to exercise any of the above rights, please contact (preferably in writing) our Privacy Champion using the contact details above.
Right to Complain
If you have any concerns about our handling of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (“ICO”) by visiting https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or telephoning the ICO helpline on 0303 123 1113.
This policy was last updated in May 2018.