Field Support Supervisor
Are you an exceptional ‘people’ person with strong Supervisory and/or management skills?
Are you hard working and adept at delivering high quality services?
Are you organised, with great attention to detail and with effective computer abilities?
Do you want to work with the best brand in the business …in Darlington and Northallerton, nationally and worldwide?
… then we might be just the right next career step you are looking for!
We have an exciting opportunity for a talented, enthusiastic and ‘can-do’ Field Support Supervisor to join our award-winning team.
Because of our growing reputation, we are expanding rapidly throughout the Darlington and Northallerton area and are looking for the right person with excellent customer service, administrative, IT and people skills to help drive our highly regarded care business forward. This role offers great career prospects and the chance to be part of a strong supportive, friendly team providing the very best companionship, home help and personal care services for elderly people who wish to remain happily, safely and independently at home. All our visits with clients are for at least an hour, often more and our CAREGivers visit the same clients providing consistency and the opportunity to develop, meaningful, trusting and long term relationships. It will be your job to ensure all our Clients are receiving the exceptional service they expect and that our CAREGivers are well supported and managed to ensure they deliver, over and above, all our clients’ requirements.
We’re very proud of our team and our well-earned reputation for providing exceptional, quality care and support. However, this can only happen if we continue to employ the right calibre Supervisory staff driving our operation as we continue to grow. Will you be our next rising star?
Please read to the end of this advertisement for important information.
This new role is vital in ensuring that we continue to provide an exceptional, relationship led, service to our elderly clients and their families as we continue to grow and maintain our position as the ‘most admired care company in Darlington and Northallerton’. You will be instrumental in ensuring this happens.
As a Field Support Supervisor you will be an ambassador for the excellent service that we provide, supporting our amazing CAREGivers to provide the very best companionship, home help, personal care, dementia and sometimes end-of life services to our clients for which we received a 5 Star Best Employer in Care Award last year.
Your job will entail the responsibility for the quality control throughout our service;
Carrying out effective and meaningful Supervisions, Appraisals and Support Visits / Spot checks with our CAREGivers – ensuring complete employee engagement. 100% of our employees last year said they were proud to work for the company. You need to be a really effective ‘people person’.
Carrying out Care Certificate Touchpoints and Observations to demonstrate we have a well-trained, competent and capable workforce and mentoring employees to be the best they can be.
You will have a keen eye for detail and perfection as you audit all paperwork including daily activity logs to ensure everything we, and our CAREGivers do, complies with our policies and procedures; CQC Regulations and Safeguarding protocols.
You will visit clients, enhancing our relationship with them, carrying out needs assessments, updating care plans, matching and introducing CAREGivers, ultimately representing the company as the premium care provider in the area.
In the future you will carry out customer assessments prior to them receiving care from us and attend the customers first care visit to introduce their CAREGiver to them offering a truly personalised service, bespoke to their individual needs, wants and aspirations. You will produce highly individualised and comprehensive care plans at first and subsequent reviews which we do regularly to ensure we are always up to date with changing clients’ needs and ensuring our CAREGivers are always meeting those needs.
You will work closely with the office team to ensure our service provision is the best it can be for every individual client and their family. You will ensure you know, understand their needs and be able to provide great inspiration to all of our CAREGivers. You will also spend part of your role in the office doing administration.
You will be part of the 24/7/365 on-call rota and you will also be required to visit and support clients when on call if there is no CAREGiver available, though this is rare.
What will you need?
- Level 3 NVQ in Health & Social Care or equivalent
- You will need experience of delivering home care services to people living in their own homes and have experience of supervising a team. You will be a true leader who is able to lead by example and motivate a team and have the willingness to progress in our organisation. You must be well presented and have a ‘superior’ customer service ethos at the heart of everything you do.
- You will have good experience in supervising care delivery ensuring all CAREGivers are always 100% engaged and fulfilled in their work; you will have well developed organisational skills, be a multi-tasker and communicative both written and verbally.
- Good levels of computer literacy with strong Word skills.
- A confident, ‘can do’ attitude with a genuine enthusiasm for working in a busy yet effective, deadline-driven team environment.
- A professional customer facing and telephone manner; a smiling personality and empathy for others.
- An outstanding eye for detail and a ‘right first time’ attitude.
- Be planned, yet have the ability to multi-task and prioritise conflicting deadlines.
- The ability to make friends and influence people.
- To have pride in your work; the want to work ‘above and beyond’ and have high standards of commitment, dedication and achievement.
What we offer
· Primarily, job fulfilment; a great place to work in a great team with great career opportunities making a huge difference to the lives of our elderly clients.
· Our salary package starts at £18,525.
· 28 days holiday including Bank Holidays.
· Pension scheme.
· Company Discount Scheme
· Employee Assistance Scheme
· Training, development and career opportunities.
If you would like to forge your future with an exceptional care company that’s really going places then please apply by writing a covering letter / email explaining why you think you may be the right person for the job and attach your CV. We would like to know why you would be good for our job, not simply listing what you have done in the past.
· What is it about this role that appeals to you?
· Why Home Instead Senior Care?
· What aspects of the ‘personal profile’ we are looking for as contained in the job advert do you think you would be able to bring to our team?
If you do not provide a covering letter with this information, you will not be considered for an interview. Please note also that interviews may take place prior to the advert closing as and when suitable applications are received. If a suitable candidate is appointed the role will close early therefore please do not hesitate to submit your application.
Finally, you must hold a full driver’s licence, have full use of a car and have easy access to our offices at DL1 1RW. This is a full-time, permanent post with a very bright future. All appointments are subject to a satisfactory DBS check and references.