Join a team that feels like family
Apprentice Business Support Administrator
Apprentice Business Support Administrator
This is a general learning role that will enable the post holder to gain a meaningful and valuable insight into the efficient, effective and 100% customer focused running of a busy office function which supports all our clients, their families and our employees. This is intended to be a permanent role in which the individual, by learning quickly and accurately, can develop themselves to become a knowledgeable and valuable colleague with the ability to be promoted to one of a number of different key roles that will be created in the near future. This role is designed for career advancement to one of those roles. The only limiting factors hindering advancement will be related to attendance, attitude, personal aptitude and demonstrable ability.
The post holder is therefore expected to consistently display a keen-ness to learn and subsequently perform a variety of business supporting duties. You will learn and then be expected to handle office responsibilities, functions, processes and communications to ensure seamless, operational excellence between Directors, managers, staff, clients and their families.
Aiming for Excellence is the key.
This is, and will develop into a very important role and accuracy, speed, attention to detail and the application of high quality personal and office skills is paramount to the success of the post as is taking ownership for the effectiveness and efficiency of the office function in being able to meet and surpass all expectations.
The following will be key areas of development leading to responsibility being given.
General Office Support
· Answer each incoming telephone call in a warm, sincere, friendly, professional and knowledgeable manner ensuring complete trust and faith in the company is established reflecting the Home Instead, top quality service provision culture and branding. Take accurate messages, assuring callers of timely responses and reminding and ensuring others to follow up those calls appropriately.
· Make any appropriate outbound calls after taking guidance and advice from Managers.
· Answer intercom; greet visitors and other employees warmly, pleasantly and meaningfully. Offer refreshments and engage in conversations and pleasantries ensuring visitors receive the ‘family feel’ from the outset.
· Communicate any client and CAREGiver concerns or problems with Managers or other staff members as appropriate.
· Enhance and maintain wholly fit for purpose electronic and manual filing systems.
· Record and reference ALL conversations and actions in the appropriate place eg People Planner Database; Client/Caregiver Enquiry Forms
· Office tidiness including polishing, cleaning and washing up.
· Post and other communication duties.
- Assist with the recruitment process of new CareGivers being involved with all stages of the recruitment cycle, coordinating and ensuring all recruitment administration is completed quickly, efficiently and 100% correctly within timescales, prioritising and re-prioritising whenever appropriate.
· Becoming responsible for the administration and efficacy of all recruitment activities including fielding employment enquiries from prospective CareGivers; arranging for the application process to be conducted as appropriate. Invites to and scheduling of interviews; the chasing of references; ensuring DBS checks and contractual documentation is completed accurately and in optimum time to ensure 100% compliance with regulatory frameworks and customer expectations and management request.
Training & Development
- Responsible for the planning, preparation (eg preparing workbooks and handouts, setting up of computer projection equipment), administration and efficacy of all training activities ensuring the training events are run effectively and efficiently and that the company is fully compliant with all relevant recorded information requirements both electronically and in paper format.
- Preparing refreshments and lunch buffets for training events having previously sought out any special dietary requirements.
- Working in line with Care Quality Commission and Home Instead Senior Care regulations to ensure full compliance and maintaining and improving upon our ‘Outstanding’ status
· This is a developmental role and therefore duties may change, be added to or taken away from during the course of its existence and in line with changing company requirements anticipated and /or experienced.
In order to be considered for the position, the ideal candidate will need to be able to demonstrate the following skills and abilities as a minimum (not just ‘talk the talk’):
Very good writing skills. You will be able to write a letter / notes that are clear and legible which convey the full message and in good English. You will be able to spell without relying on spellchecker.
You will probably have worked previously or volunteered and can understand the importance of following rules and procedures.
You will be able to demonstrate working accurately and with a ‘right first time’ philosophy. Attention to detail is a very large aspect of the work to be learned and subsequently completed.
You will be able to speak very good English without relaxing into a heavy local accent and appreciate the need to do this especially whilst using the telephone.
You will have a warm and friendly personality, able to speak confidently and in an engaged manner with all, and especially, older people.
Having the ability to listen and learn and check understanding of tasks required to be done.
Skills of concentration and dedication to finishing tasks on time.
You will be able to demonstrate forward commitment to your apprentice work and career with Home Instead as well as your studies, showing true dedication for what you would like to be achieving.
You will also be able to show that you tried hard and applied yourself at school / college.
You will be able to show a ‘can-do’ attitude and be able to see what can be done rather than what can’t without necessarily being ‘over-confident’ in your abilities.
You will want to be striving forward to learn more and do more, always seeing what can be done to fill in any gaps at work rather than waiting to be told what to do.
You will be reliable and punctual – on time, every time ….. Excuses are not allowed.
Honest, truthful and can be the first to admit to a mistake being made.
Caring, considerate, kind, balanced and with personality.
You are likely to be:
Someone who believes in our mission.
Educated to GCSE level in 8 plus subjects including Maths & English Grade C or higher.
A Level education preferably
Someone with common sense and who can apply it.
Computer literate – Word / Excel.
Living locally to TS18 3HP, enjoying easy to travel to the office.
Maybe a driver with a car…
Willing to do more reading and studying in the evening in your own time to expand your knowledge.
Keen to impress.
Nice to be around!