Forge your career with the very best, CQC rated 'Outstanding' Elderly Home Care Company in Cleveland, that's really going places!
We have an exciting opportunity for a talented, enthusiastic and ‘can-do’ Care Coordinator / Scheduler to join our award-winning team. Because of our growing reputation, we are expanding rapidly throughout the Cleveland area and are looking for the right person with excellent administrative, IT and people skills to help drive our highly regarded care business forward. This additional role offers great career prospects and the chance to be part of a strong supportive, friendly team providing the very best companionship, home help and personal care services for elderly people who wish to remain happily, safely and independently at home. All our visits with clients are for at least an hour up to 24-hour care and support as well as 'Live in Care'. Our CAREGivers visit the same clients providing consistency and the opportunity to develop, meaningful, trusting and long-term relationships. You will be joining a team that ensures these visits are planned and organised and that your CAREGivers are coordinated to turn up on time, every time with your allotted clients.
Recognised by the Care Quality Commission as ‘Outstanding’, we’re very proud of our team and our well-earned reputation for providing exceptional, quality care and support. However, this can only happen if we continue to employ the right calibre office staff driving our operation as we continue to grow and enhance our existing team. Interested? Could you be our next rising star?
The Care Coordinator / Scheduler is responsible for the allocation of CAREGiver’s working hours whilst ensuring our robust quality standards are met. It would be great if you have previous Care Coordination experience however if you have a logical, planned mind and have transferrable skills from other logistical type industries or roles, we will train you to succeed in our business environment.
You will be expected to coordinate CAREGiver schedules and give general support to the office team in order to provide the highest quality service to our clients. You will need to be able to develop excellent relationships with both clients and CAREGivers, creating client schedules and records and supporting the Care Team by working with families, professionals and other CAREGivers to achieve the very best outcomes.
You will ideally:
Be able to hit the ground running, utilising your great transferable skills quickly learning our way of ‘doing things’.
Have sound knowledge and understanding of using bespoke or generic software systems (we use People Planner / IQ Timecard / My Learning Cloud), allocating and coordinating all care visits to ensure continuity for both client and CAREGiver
Be adept in organising and communicating CAREGiver / client rotas
Be able to adapt quickly to emergencies and / or other unforeseen circumstances ensuring all visits always take place
Provide timely response to client requests and ensure they are constantly updated with new and changing information
Be knowledgeable of local area
Engage positively with all employees being pivotal in maintaining their interest and availability and liaise relentlessly with all CAREGivers ensuring that they are always supported and enjoying their work experiences.
Provide out of hours “on call” assistance on a rotational basis
Work directly with the office management team to develop business and support the team.
What will you need?
You will need to have extremely good interpersonal and influencing skills with the ability to problem-solve while working under pressure in a busy environment providing ‘superior’ customer service.
You will have experience in delivering or managing /coordinating care delivery through specifically designed systems, exceptional organisational skills, be a multi-tasker and communicative both written and verbally.
- High levels of computer literacy with strong Word and Excel skills
- A confident, ‘can do’ attitude with a genuine enthusiasm for working in a busy, deadline-driven team environment
- A professional telephone manner; a smiling personality and empathy for others
- An outstanding eye for detail and a ‘right first time’ attitude
- The ability to multi-task and prioritise conflicting deadlines
- The ability to make friends and influence people.
- To have pride in your work; the want to work ‘above and beyond’ and have high standards of commitment and achievement.
What we offer:
- Primarily, job fulfilment; a great place to work in a great team with great career opportunities making a huge difference to the lives of our elderly clients!
- Our salary package starts at £20,000 to £23,000 depending upon 'added value' with ongoing bonus opportunities.
- 28 days holiday including Bank Holidays rising annually to 31 after 3 years’ service.
- Company Discount Scheme.
- Employee Assistance Scheme.
- Training, Development and Career Opportunities.
- Social Events.
- Paid Mileage.
- Pension – Auto Enrolment/Company Contribution 3%.
- Exceptional, Friendly and Supportive Office Team – 5 Star Best Employer in Care (year after year).
- Access to Free Wellbeing and Counselling Service – We want to ensure you’re looked after in every way possible.
- Home Instead Benefits Scheme and Blue Light Benefits Scheme membership – Real Savings on many / most of your usual purchases.
- Ongoing paid Training, Learning & Development as well as a large choice of self-advancement, portfolio of voluntary courses and learning available.
- CQC rated ‘Outstanding’ Company.
- Most Highly Recommended and Rated Home Care Company in the area by Clients and their families.
Although formal qualifications are not required for the post, candidates must have good knowledge of computer systems and experience of using these systems to optimize business performance.
Experience in a similar 'Care Coordinator' role is desirable. However, transferable knowledge from other sectors or logistical roles is acceptable.
You must hold a full driver’s licence, have full use of a car and have easy access to our offices at TS18 3HP. This is a full-time, permanent post with a very bright future. All appointments are subject to a satisfactory DBS check and references (funded by us).
If you have a passion for caring, and the motivation to help us achieve our ambitions, we would love to hear from you.
We encourage applications from all sections of the community as we want to reflect the neighbourhoods in which we work.
Home Instead Senior Care is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of adults and expects all staff to share this commitment.