The recipe takes 5 minutes to prepare and 30 minutes to cook. It makes 4 servings.
Suitable for: Vegetarian, Diabetic
Allergen information: Milk, Gluten (To make this gluten-free, use fluten-free stock cubes in pl;ace of vegetable stock)
Cooking information: 190°C, 170°C fan, Gas 5
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 small onion, peeled and diced
- 1 courgette, sliced
- 150g cooked potatoes, sliced
- 150g frozen peas, defrosted
- 8 eggs
- 75ml single cream or whole milk
- 75g cheddar cheese, grated
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
To make the Oven Baked Vegetable Frittata
- Grease an oven proof dish or 20cm cake tin.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the onions and fry on a low heat for 5 minutes until starting to soften, add the courgette and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Transfer to the oven dish or tin and add the potatoes and peas.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl and whisk them lightly together with the cream or milk, season to taste.
- Pour the egg mixture over the vegetables and grate the cheese over the top. Place the frittata in the oven to bake for 30 minutes until it is golden brown and piping hot throughout.
- The frittata will keep in the fridge for 3-4 days.
- You could use any leftover veg in this recipe, or replace the potatoes with sweet potato.
- Can be eaten hot or cold and makes a perfect finger food when served cold. Delicious served with a tomato salad.
Nutrition: per serving
Kcal - 329; Fat - 20.5g; Saturates - 7.4g; Carbs - 15.3g; Sugars - 6.4g; Fibre - 4g; Protein - 21.9g; Salt - 0.8g