This recipe takes 5 minutes to prepare and 15-20 minutes to cook. This makes 2 servings.
Allergen information: Fish
Cooking information: 200°C, 180°C fan, Gas 6
- 2 skinless salmon fillets
For the marinade
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp brown sugar or runny honey
- 1 tbsp tomato ketchup
- ½ tsp ground ginger
To make the Sticky Soy Salmon
- Mix the marinade ingredients together in a shallow dish.
- Place the salmon fillets in the marinade, cover and leave to one side for 15 minutes (or in the fridge if you want to marinate the salmon for longer.)
- Remove the salmon from the marinade and place on a baking tray.
- Spoon the marinade over the salmon fillets and roast in the oven for 15- 20 minutes until cooked through. For serving suggestions, see below.
- Serve the salmon with new potatoes, carrots and green beans or for an oriental twist, why not try stir fried veg and noodles?
- Salmon fillets can be frozen in individual portions so they’re always at hand in the freezer.
- Cover your baking tray with baking parchment or foil to prevent the sticky marinade burning on (this will save on washing up as well!)
- To reduce the salt content of this dish, you could use reduced salt soy sauce.
Nutrition: per serving
Kcal - 331; Fat - 19.5g; Saturates - 3.6g; Carbs - 12.4g; Sugars - 12.1g; Fibre - 0.3g; Protein - 27.1g; Salt - 1.3g