This recipe takes 10-15 minutes to prepare and 25-30 minutes to cook. It makes 4 servings.
Suitable for: Vegetarian, Diabetic
Allergen information: Milk (butter and cheese)
Cooking information: 200°C, 180°C fan, Gas 6
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 250g risotto rice
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 700ml vegetable stock
- 150g cherry tomatoes, halved
- Small bunch fresh basil, chopped (or 1 tsp dried)
- 100g grated hard cheese such as Cheddar or
- Freshly ground black pepper
To make the Creamy Tomato Risotto
- Heat the oil and butter gently in a large ovenproof pan or casserole dish until the butter has melted.
- Add the onion and cook gently, over a medium heat, for 4-5 mins until softened. Stir in the garlic and cook for a further minute.
- Add the rice to the onion mixture and cook, stirring continuously, for 1-2 minutes or until the grains start to look translucent.
- Add the can of chopped tomatoes, hot vegetable stock and cherry tomatoes. Stir the rice mixture and cover with a tightly fitting lid and bake for 25–30 minutes until the liquid is absorbed and the rice is creamy and tender.
- Carefully stir through the basil and half the cheese. Serve sprinkled with the remaining cheese and freshly ground black pepper.
- To make this a more energy dense option, stir through a tablespoon of crème fraiche or double cream at the end of cooking or serve with extra grated cheese.
Nutrition: per serving (1 pasty)
Kcal - 417; Fat - 15.6g; Saturates - 6.8g; Carbs - 48.6g; Sugars - 9.2g; Fibre - 3.5g; Protein - 13.3g; Salt - 3g