This recipe takes 5 minutes to prepare and 10 minutes to cook. It makes 2 servings.
Suitable for: Vegetarian, Diabetic (served plain or with bacon - not with syrup)
Allergen information: Nuts, Eggs
- 100g self raising flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 125ml whole milk
- Butter or oil to grease the pan
To make the Breakfast Pancakes
- Mix the self raising flour, baking powder and caster sugar together in a large bowl.
- Make a well in the centre of the flour mixture with a spoon, then add the egg and milk. Whisk together using a balloon whisk or electric mixer until you have a smooth batter.
- Heat a large pan and melt a little butter or oil to stop the pancakes from sticking.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons of the batter into the pan and cook until bubbles start to appear on the top, then flip over and cook on the other side until they are golden brown on both sides. This will take about a minute each side.
- Delicious served with berries and maple syrup, or for a treat you could serve them with grilled bacon and a drizzle of maple syrup.
- Can also be served cold with butter and jam and eaten as a finger food.
- The pancakes can be frozen for up to 1 month. Separate each pancake with baking paper and place in an airtight container or wrap with cling film. When you’re ready to eat them, warm them from frozen in a toaster on a low setting.
- To increase the energy content, you could use fortified milk or stir a tablespoon of double cream into the batter.
Nutrition: per serving
Kcal - 256; Fat - 5.3g; Saturates - 2.3g; Carbs - 45.3g; Sugars - 5.8g; Fibre - 2g; Protein - 9.7g; Salt - 0.59g