Home Instead Bolton, supporting the Alzheimers Society Dementia Friends Programme have created over 200 new Dementia Friends this year ! The Dementia Friends presentation is designed to raise awareness to the general public about dementia and to impart some key messages
- That dementia is not a natural part of ageing
- Dementia is caused by diseases of the brain
- Dementia is not just about losing your memory
- It is possible to live well with dementia
- There's more to the person than the dementia
Speaking about the programme, Director Steve Williams, who is Home Instead's Dementia Champion said "At Home Instead we really got behind this great initiative as it's in every one's interest to raise awareness of dementia and the challenges that follow. We've run 23 workshops so far and made 244 Dementia Friends in Bolton. It's been a privilege to meet many people who have a real desire to learn more about dementia. We are also in the process of joining the local Dementia Action Alliance.We will definitely continue to support this programme in 2017. "