"It’s not working, it’s CARING with Home Instead"
Industry leading training, competitive pay, employee assistance program
Purpose of Job
To professionally lead our CAREGiving team to ensure they meet the clients Care Plan needs, ensuring that a safe, effective and efficient care service is always delivered. To assess any ongoing changes required to clients Care Plans enabling our clients to continue with a good quality of life. To provide care to clients in accordance with their assessed needs to an industry leading standard.
· Provide leadership and encouragement to care staff following the formal support and supervision processes, ensuring client care plans are met.
· Implements performance management processes ensuring CAREGiver’s meet the goals of the business.
· Develops strategies to promote team member adherence to company regulations and performance goals
· Supports new CAREGiver’s in joining Home instead Senior Care by providing shadowing opportunities, completing induction programs, training and competency assessments.
· Supports team members in answering queries and problem resolution
· Communicates updates to team members on best practice and continuing expectations
· Ensures CAREGiver’s presentation and attitudes reflect company standards and meet company goals.
· Oversees work of CAREGiver’s for quality and compliance and effectively addresses any concerns.
· Identifying and fulfilling on the job training needs for CAREGiver’s
· Identifying and communicating CAREGiver’s formal training needs to the Care Manager
· Implements management processes, including disciplinary processes to address ongoing issues that cannot be resolved through performance management
· Conduct and maintain client service management processes, such as, service and Care Plan reviews.
· Implement quality assurance in accordance with company policies, regulations and legislation.
· Implement health and safety audits and risk assessments in client’s homes.
· Ensure all customers are treated with the utmost dignity and respect.
· Liaise with other professionals with regard to referrals and the on-going care of current and potential clients.
· Participates in the on call rota ensuring client care is not compromised outside of office hours
· To maintain skills and knowledge, ensuring Care is delivered to regulations, policies, procedures and care plans.
· Ensure that record keeping and communication is clear in accordance with the Health and Social Care Act (2008), Essential Standards of Quality and Safety (2010) regulations and is maintained.
· Understand and implement the requirements of the Mental Capacity Act (2005) and Safeguarding regulations (2008) in relation to consent and best interest decision making.
· Communicate information to clients and CAREGiver’s in accordance with the Health and Social Care Act (2008) and GDPR regulations.
· Attend and effectively participate in staff and team leader meetings as arranged by the Home Instead Senior Care Management team.
· Keep industry and company knowledge up to date to ensure the safety of CAREGiver’s and clients and providing required support.
· Take reasonable care of the health and safety of themselves and all other persons who may be affected by their acts or omissions at work.
· Co-operate with Home Instead Senior Care to ensure compliance with Health and Safety legislation and the Health and Safety policies and procedures of the treatment centre, not intentionally or recklessly interfere with, or misuse, anything provided in the interests of health, safety, or welfare, in pursuance of any of the relevant statutory provisions.
· Actively participate in recruitment and retention activities and community events as required by the wider team, always modelling company values.
· Assists management with recruitment and training processes.
· Provides quality customer service, answering CAREGiver and client enquiries, and effectively handling complaints.
· Generates and shares comprehensive and detailed reports on CAREGiver performance, objectives, and deadlines, as well as client updates for management.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not exhaustive and the post holder may be required to undertake other relevant and appropriate duties as reasonably required.
This job description is subject to regular review and appropriate modification.
· To have achieved or working towards Health and Social Care Level 3
· Strong organisational and planning skills
· Fantastic Customer Service skills and experience
· People Management experience with a coaching style promoting best practice
· Breadth and depth of Care Giving experience
· Strong IT literacy and ability to learn company systems
· Understanding and commitment to provide care outside of office when required
· Must have flexibility to meet the requirements of the role to address out of hours client care and emergencies
· Must be available to work every other weekend with flexibility to support clients in the evenings where required and to meet contractual hours
Meeting the following values that are integral to our organisation:
· Respect and dignity
· Reliable and dependable
· Team working
· Honesty and Integrity
· Positive Interpersonal Skills
· Continuous development
· Customer Service
We encourage applications from all sections of the community as we want to reflect the neighbourhoods in which we work. Home Instead Senior Care is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. This role is subject to DBS enhanced disclosure.
As a CAREGiver, you will receive industry leading training, great rates of pay and excellent support.
If you're looking for work which is extremely rewarding and satisfactory and have a high-degree of flexibility to meet our clients' needs, we would love to hear from you. Please click on 'I'm Interested'.