As we age, it's imperative to stay active and engaged in the world around us. One easy way to do that is by taking day trips to nearby destinations.
As we age, it’s imperative to stay active and engaged in the world around us. One easy way to do that is by taking day trips to nearby destinations. Exeter, located in Devon, offers a variety of options for seniors looking for a fun and accessible day out. Here are some ideas for day trips for the elderly in Exeter:
1. Exeter Cathedral – A visit to this stunning cathedral is a must for Exeter visitors. With its intricate carvings and stained glass windows, it’s a feast for the eyes. The cathedral is also wheelchair accessible, with ramps and lifts available.
2. Dartmoor National Park – Just a short drive from Exeter, Dartmoor National Park offers stunning views of the rugged moorland landscape. There are plenty of accessible paths and trails for walkers of all abilities, as well as cafes and visitor centres.
3. Powderham Castle – This historic castle, located on the banks of the River Exe, is an excellent destination for a day out. Visitors can take guided tours of the castle and grounds, or simply stroll around the gardens and enjoy the views.
4. Seaside towns – Exeter is just a short drive from several charming seaside towns, including Exmouth, Sidmouth, and Budleigh Salterton. These towns offer plenty of options for a relaxing day out, from strolling along the beach to enjoying a fish and chips lunch.
5. Exeter Quay – This historic area of Exeter is an excellent destination for a stroll along the river. Visitors can enjoy a drink or a bite to eat in one of the many cafes and pubs, or simply take in the atmosphere.
No matter what your interests are, there’s plenty to see and do in and around Exeter. With its accessibility and range of attractions, it’s the perfect destination for a day trip for the elderly.
Our team of Care Professionals are on hand to support you or your loved one to enjoy your regular day trips with our companionship services. Click here for more information.