In my late teens I threw myself out of a plane for the sheer fun of it. I had no children, responsibilities or fear!
Now, over three decades later, I am going to do it again. I have children, responsibilities and a whole lot of fear but it will be worth it as I will be raising funds for Alzheimer’s Research UK.
I have recently seen my Mother-in-law suffer at the hands of this cruel disease. She became a person we no longer knew or understood.
With my husband I now own a company that supports older people living at home and we see the effects of Alzheimer’s on a daily basis.
Please support my fundraising for this much needed research: it could be you that benefits in the long term.
Over the next few months my colleagues Helene, Louise and myself, as well as the rest of our Caregivers, will be relentlessly fundraising for this wonderful charity.
We are planning many events which will culminate with the Skydive from 15000 ft. on the 30th June 2018
All the money raised will support Alzheimer’s Research UK and below are their latest statistics and information on how the money will help them as every day more and more people are diagnosed.
- Dementia affects over 850,000 people in the UK and numbers are increasing
- Around 38% of the UK population know a close friend or family member with dementia
- At £24 billion each year, dementia costs the UK economy more than cancer and heart disease combined
- £20 could fund one hour of vital research
- £50 could provide access to specialist equipment for studying cells
- £120 could support complex protein analysis
The support of everyone will mean so much to us here at Home Instead, as we continue every day to support people living with Dementia at home.
Donating through JustGiving is simple, fast and totally secure. Your details are safe with JustGiving - they'll never sell them on or send unwanted emails.
Once you donate, they'll send your money directly to the charity. So it's the most efficient way to donate - saving time and cutting costs for the charity.