We have been busy this week making more Dementia Friends!
John James, Managing Director of Home Instead Fareham and Gosport, was pleased to meet the Private Client Team at Warner Goodman Solicitors in Fareham who are all now Dementia Friends.
The session was organised by Partner Jane Clox who felt that the teams knowledge about how dementia may be affecting thier clients and clients families would benefit from refreshing.
The sessions help people learn a little bit more about what it's like to live with dementia and then turn that understanding into action.
The actions people take away from sessions will depend on their circumstances but may include:
- Getting in touch and staying in touch with someone you know living with dementia
- Volunteering for an organisation that helps people with dementia
- Campaigning for change, eg by signing up to Alzheimer’s Society’s campaigns to improve the lives of people with dementia
- Wearing the dementia friends badge and telling 5 friends about the Dementia Friends initiative
- Carrying out a personal action, for example to be more patient when out in my community
- In a business or organisation thinking about how interactions with people living with dementia might be more thoughtful about their needs
If you would like us to deliver a Dementia Friends Session to your business or community group and how you can help make our communities more helpful for those living with the disease please call John on 01329 282 469.