Home Instead Senior Care (Altrincham & Sale) are pleased to announce that they will be delivering further dementia awareness training throughout the Autumn. The awareness training is based on the award winning & City & Guilds training that has been developed for Home Instead CAREGivers & is specifically designed to help family carers.
The awareness training is available is the following formats:
- Every 2nd Thursday of the month at 3pm. Sessions will last approximately 75 minutes. Venues in either Sale or Altrincham will be used.
- Every 3rd Tuesday of the month at 5.30pm. Sessions will last approximately 75 minutes. Venues in either Sale or Altrincham will be used.
- Community groups & organisations can request for a bespoke talks to be arranged.
- Client's families can attend the above training & can then be supported on a 1:1 basis.
- Home Instead Senior Care CAREGivers attend the full City & Guilds accredited training.
What does the training contain?
The training will provide an understanding of Alzheimer's disease & other dementias & then discuss various techniques for managing behaviors & encouraging engagement.
Who should attend the training?
The training is available for those who support people with dementia & also for anyone in the community who would benefit from attending.
How to attend?
Please call the Home Instead office on 0161-870-1136 to check availability & make bookings.