Training & Development Co-ordinator
Industry leading training as part of the Home Instead network, healthcare insurance scheme, access to company holiday home
Home Instead provides the very best home care and support for older people in our local communities to remain in their own home where they are happiest. All our calls are at least an hour long and put the needs of the people we care for at the centre of everything we do. We are rated as ‘Outstanding’ by the Care Quality Commission at our office in York and aspire to achieve the same for our new office in Scarborough. This role will play a vital part ensuring that our clients receive the best in class quality care from our CAREGivers and support the growth of our business.
Our aim is to have the best CAREGivers providing exceptional care and support and we are looking to recruit an experienced trainer to support and develop our CAREGiver team in all aspects of their role. The focus is to ensure that everyone has a personal development package and training that is right for them both on joining us and throughout their career in our team.
This role will cover both our York and Scarborough offices, so travel to Scarborough to deliver training will be required up to around 30 percent of the time (expenses for driving to Scarborough will be paid).
The role includes, but is not limited to the following responsibilities:
- Ensuring that all CAREGivers understand their role and how to fulfil it in order to deliver safe, responsive and effective care and support to clients.
- Delivering the highest level of training for new and existing CAREGivers, key players, clients and community in York and Scarborough.
- Taking responsibility for organising and delivering the Recruitment and Assessment Programme (RAP) for all new CAREGivers, supporting them to join the team effectively.
- Managing the use of My Learning Cloud as the main tool for administering learning and development at Home Instead.
- Supporting CAREGivers to use My Leaning Cloud effectively for their personal development.
- Maintaining information in My Learning Cloud to ensure all refresher courses and new training are completed within the correct timescales
- Ensuring all CAREGivers complete their Care Certificate with 12 weeks of commencing in role.
- Developing training and enhancing the skills of the existing team, ensuring that all staff have personal development plans and regular 1:1s.
- Enhancing the range of training opportunities and support available to all staff.
- Playing an active role in dealing with all aspect of the Home Instead business alongside other team members
You will need excellent communication skills, experience in developing, preparing, managing and delivering training with the ability to adapt to different learning styles while training. You must be able to build good rapport with people and be passionate about effective personal development and be comfortable delivering courses remotely if necessary.
A qualification in teaching/training, knowledge of My Learning Cloud training solutions, experience and understanding of health and social care and the Care Certificate are all an advantage. More importantly is a willingness to be part of a team that prides itself in delivering the best care possible to the people we support.
If you're looking for a role that is extremely rewarding then we would love to hear from you.
We encourage applications from all sections of the community. Home Instead is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. This role is subject to DBS enhanced disclosure.