If you consider yourself to be an excellent home carer then we would like to speak to you. This is an opportunity to join an outstanding team in a salaried position as an evening CAREGiver (this is our name for the Home Care Assistant role).
How are we different?
- All visits last at least 1 hour
- We allow for travel time in between visits
- Our team provides the support and training you need
- We have our our own City & Guilds accredited dementia training and end of life training and believe in investing in your training and development
- As a member of our team you can use our company holiday home in Northumberland
We are looking for people who are passionate about providing the highest standards of care to the older people in our community.
Being a CAREGiver at Home Instead involves providing companionship, home help and personal care to a small group of regular clients. Each and every visit lasts 1 hour. We are looking for people who are adaptable to each client's needs and personality. You need to have initiative to respond to clients' preferences and empathy to understand their situation.
Our clients are mostly older people who need some extra support to continue to live in their own homes.
This is a salaried position with a working pattern as follows:
Evenings 5pm-10pm 5 days per week including alternate weekends (with 2 week days off in the week when working the weekend).
This is a critical role in an expanding organisation and an opportunity for someone with HR experience to expand their skills whilst showcasing their knowledge and ability from their previous roles.
It is a part-time role starting at 8.30am and finishing at 12.30pm Monday to Friday.
The main purpose of the HR Manager role is to provide a comprehensive HR service which ensures that managers and employees are equipped to deliver best practice operations that meet the objectives of the company reporting to the Franchise Owners.
- Delivery of the HR Strategy and Plan for the office in line with the National Office People Strategy and objectives, guidance and tools.
- Contribute to a strong people-led agenda and take the lead in driving change.
- Influence, lead and represent HI values driving culture and engagement.
- Aid in the recruitment and training of a high performing team of key players focused on the needs of clients and CAREGivers.
- Support the development of all key player roles and ensure all they have a Personal Development Plan in place to aid their growth.
- Own the succession plan for the office and identify and develop talent.
- Focus on key player engagement strategies to ensure their retention and satisfaction.
- Create the Wellbeing framework for the office.
- Monitor and champion equality, diversity and inclusion.
- In conjunction with the HR Service Provider, provide timely, responsive and effective HR advice for key players on a range of matters relating to employee relations, management of staff, performance management, workforce development and workforce planning, strategy and service development as appropriate.
- Support the Franchise Owners in the delivery of HR projects.
- Complete a regularly scheduled audit of HR processes to ensure compliance with all Employment Law, GDPR, regulations and Home Instead Franchise Standards.
- Set and achieve HR key performance indicators and provide reports using available HR systems.
- Provide support with payroll queries, liaising with the Finance Co-ordinator and Payroll.
- Ensure that current employment, equal opportunities, and health and safety legislation, together with good practice are consistently applied within your areas of responsibility.
- Demonstrate open and effective communication with the Franchise Owner, colleagues, CAREGivers, clients and family members.
- Carry out any other duties deemed necessary for the successful operation of the business.
- Ensure compliance with Home Instead’s Equality, Diversity and Equal Opportunities Policy, in respect of employment and service delivery.
We are looking to grow our team of CAREGivers particularly for evening visits to clients.
A typical evening would start at 5pm and end at 10pm, but if you are seeking more hours you can commit to a working pattern with more availability.
We’re looking for people with the personality and passion to build great relationships with our clients
Our clients trust us. They will rely on you to listen carefully to what they need, take an interest in them and deliver excellent care. If you enjoy interacting with older individuals and want to pursue an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of older people, caregiving might be the career for you.
The central and most important part of a CAREGiving role with Home Instead is offering companionship and conversation. Each of our CAREGivers is matched to a client based on mutual interests and hobbies to encourage a strong relationship to develop.
We believe you need this understanding and bond to be able to care for someone as if they were a member of your own family. Indeed, many of our CAREGivers do not have formal experience of working as a carer before they join our team, but have looked after a family member and want to make a difference to an older person’s life by using the experience they have gained.
Our service is companionship led and so a considerable responsibility of a CAREGiver is to stimulate and encourage the client through a range of different activities that sustain or improve their quality of life. A CAREGiver’s responsibilities can also include accompanying clients to appointments and social events, light housekeeping, planning and preparing meals and helping with daily living routines including assisting with personal care.
We are looking for friendly, kind, compassionate people who like to spend time with older people and build a friendly but professional relationship.