Making a difference in your community
Care Coordinator / Scheduler
At Home Instead Windsor Runnymede and West Spelthorne, we deliver truly rewarding relationship led care and companionship to our local seniors in the comfort of their own home.
We call our community team; CAREGiver because we do not just deliver ‘care’ tasks to our clients and leave. We carefully match our clients and CAREGivers based on similar hobbies and interests. All of our care calls are a minimum of 60 minutes, so they will have time to deliver excellent standard of care and have time to enjoy getting to know your clients.
The Care Coordinator has an important role as they are responsible for the coordination of scheduling service for clients. This involves organising all rotas and making sure that all CAREGivers and clients are aware of their working schedules. The Care Coordinator must have strong personal skills as they liaise with the whole team to ensure clients’ needs are met.
We are expecting our Care Coordinator to perform a variety of duties in the coordination of scheduling service for clients whilst providing the highest quality of service to clients
The role will include:
- Understand and build effective and efficient schedules around our clients and CAREGivers.
- Ensure schedules are prepared, considering travel time, holidays, training and last-minute cancellations.
- Be responsive to changes in the schedule and liaise with relevant team members.
- Match CAREGivers to new clients in conjunction with client services team and arrange introductions.
- Ensure client schedules are matched to their needs, with the same CAREGiver and the same times each week, where possible.
- Develop excellent relationships with both clients and CAREGivers so both can enjoy positive experiences.
- Work with the recruitment team to ensure sufficient current and future staffing levels are met.
- Work with the Care Team to ensure new and existing care packages can be resourced and scheduled on a timely basis.
- Add and maintain all client and CAREGiver information onto to the electronic scheduling system.
- Carry out any other duties deemed necessary for the successful operation of the business.
- Ensure compliance with Home Instead’s Equality, Diversity and Equal Opportunities Policy, in respect of employment and service delivery.
We are looking for people with kind, compassionate hearts who are committed to make a true difference to the quality of life for people local to you.
- Experience of working in a scheduling role within a home care or other relevant environment such as logistics or an experienced CAREGiver / Care Assistant seeking for a new challenge.
- Good working knowledge of IT systems with experience of Microsoft Office or Google Suite and CRM software with the ability to learn and adopt new technologies where appropriate.
- Highly resilient and positive with excellent communications skills.
- Excellent organisation and prioritisation skills with the ability to work calmly and accurately under pressure.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build rapport quickly.
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to multi-task.
- Logical and analytical with the ability to work on own initiative and meet deadlines.
Our Care Coordinator is a full-time role of 40 hours a week. The hours are typically worked between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday and with one on call night in a week and one weekend a month. There may be times where you may be required to work outside of these hours.
Pay and benefits
- Competitive salary, negotiable dependent on your experience
- Pension and Paid Holiday
- Continuous training, and career progression should you wish
- Employee Assistant Programme with 24 hours phone line and discount at many shops
Please click on 'I'm Interested' or alternatively, contact us on 01784 335804 and 01753 90342.
If you have a passion for caring and the motivation to help us achieve our ambitions, we would love to hear from you.
We encourage applications from all sections of the community as we want to reflect the neighbourhoods in which we work. Home Instead is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. This role is subject to DBS enhanced disclosure.