Learning & Development Coordinator
Want to join a Sunday Times Best 100 Company to Work for with two Princess Royal Training Awards?
Home Instead is the world’s leading provider of non-medical care and companionship services for older people. With minimum visits of one hour, award winning training and an excellent reputation we are immensely proud of the quality of care we provide. We match our CAREGivers to our clients based on mutual interests and hobbies to help build bonds of trust and enables us to provide personalised support.
Due to our continued growth we are delighted to be recruiting for an additional Learning & Development Coordinator to join our team at our offices in Wetherby.
Our team of Learning & Development Coordinators' ensure Home Instead have a highly skilled team of CAREGivers that are able to deliver the best homecare in the industry to all clients. Working with the wider Operations Team you will help maximise satisfaction and retention for our CAREGivers and ensure that New CAREGivers have a fantastic Home Instead Induction and first 12 weeks within the business.
- To work alongside the Operations Manager to ensure all new CAREGivers complete the Home Instead induction programme.
- To train all new CAREGivers on manual handling, Basic life support, medication and personal care.
- Carry out required touchpoints with new CAREGivers in the first three months of employment
- Complete Handover meeting for each Caregiver after first 12 weeks to assigned Line Manager.
Ongoing Caregiver Development
- Leadership of CAREGiver pathway including the development and execution of annual training plan to ensure all CAREGivers have access to necessary training.
- To train CAREGivers in the City and Guilds Dementia and End of Life Programmes.
- Assessing and signing off CAREGiver medication and moving and handling competency checks.
- Carry out support visits as required
- Ensure all staff members comply with training needs ongoing and perform competency checks
- Ensure all information on the training matrix and people planner are up to date
- Meet KPI targets and engage in team updates and meetings
- Perform On call duties.
Whilst previous experience in a training or learning & development role would be advantageous, it is not essential as we would offer fully training for the right person.
Experience in the care sector or similar industry would be ideal.
Additional criteria is listed below;
- Driving Licence and access to a vehicle is essential
- Experience of the CAREGiver role.
- Ability to obtain a clean DBS - we will apply for this as part of any offer.
- Understanding of the adult care sector and Home Instead USP’s.
- NVQ level 3 or willing to work towards.
If you're interested in finding out more about this or other opportunities we have, we would love to hear from you. Please click on 'I'm Interested'. Alternatively contact [email protected] or call 01937 205807.
We encourage applications from all sections of the community as we want to reflect the neighbourhoods in which we work. Home Instead is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. This role is subject to DBS enhanced disclosure.