Home Instead Wetherby and North Leeds is a specialist home care service enabling older people to enjoy the highest quality of life in the comfort of their own home and maintain their independence. When you join Home Instead you are joining a company with real family values, run by people who care about our clients and our people.
Our flexible and responsive service is tailored to the times that suit our clients and with minimum visits of one hour, award winning training and an excellent reputation we are immensely proud of the quality of care we provide. We match our Care Professionals to our clients based on mutual interests and hobbies to help build trust and to provide personalised support for each individual.
To ensure the smooth running of the office environment by coordinating office activities effectively and supporting projects to ensure successful implementation. To be responsible for overseeing and supporting the finance process.
· Responsible for all aspects of office administration activities whilst being reactive to the needs of the business.
· Warmly greet visitors to the office; answer phone calls in a polite, professional manner, passing on clear messages where appropriate.
· Manage correspondence by responding to emails and handling incoming and outgoing post.
· Maintain effective systems ensuring that all filing and databases are kept up to date.
· Support service delivery process including ensuring compliance, collecting activity logs and updating systems.
· Accountable for invoicing and payroll administration including entering billing hours and expenses
· Process invoices and follow up where appropriate with clients and suppliers.
· Responsible for the reconciliation of bank statements and ensuring that all calculations and data entries are correct.
· Respond to finance queries and provide assistance on finance related matters to stakeholders, third parties and clients as needed.
· Control the office supplies and make sure it is in accordance with office needs.
· To undertake any support or administration duties as and when required by the Franchise Owner.
· Ensure compliance with Home Instead’s Equality and Diversity Policy, in respect of employment and service delivery.
· Carry out any other duties deemed necessary for the successful operation of the business.
· Good working knowledge of IT Systems with experience of Microsoft Office or Google Suite and virtual communication platforms with the ability to learn and adopt new technologies where appropriate.
· Proven experience in office administration within a busy office environment.
· Experience of supporting projects and working to tight deadlines.
· Strong organisational skills with the ability to multitask.
· Self-motivated and able to work flexibly.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Keen eye for detail and the ability to work accurately under pressure.
· Strong team player with the confidence to work alone.