We are looking for people with kind, compassionate hearts who want to make a true difference to the quality of life for our clients to join our team in Watford as a Live In Care Professional. As a Live In Care Professional, you will live in a client's home and provide a variety of non-medical services to that enhances the quality of their life, and help our clients and their families meet the challenges of ageing with dignity, pride, care and compassion.
- Provide Live-in care, usually working alone
- Reflect the core values of Home Instead franchise
- Contribute to a positive living environment to enhance a client’s quality of life
- As you will be staying in the client’s home, you will follow their house rules and be mindful of their need for privacy
- You may be the only person the client sees over a period of time, it is therefore essential to document daily activities and report any changes or causes for concern in a client’s needs or living conditions
- You need to be clear about when to seek help and advice to keep clients safe and promote their well-being
- Maintain regular communication with line manager and office staff
COMPANIONSHIP services which could include, but are not limited to:
- Offer companionship and conversation
- Monitor diet and eating
- Stimulate and encourage through a variety of activities (for example clothing selection, hobbies and crafts)
- Arrange and provide reminders for appointments, activities and outings
- Help with travel arrangements
- Organise mail and write letters
- Assist with walking (lending an arm to steady)
- Accompany to appointments and social events (for example visiting friends or family, lunch, club meetings)
HOME HELP services which could include, but are not limited to:
- Run errands / collect prescriptions etc
- Performing light housekeeping tasks (dusting, vacuuming, making beds, changing linens, cleaning bathrooms, kitchens, washing and ironing, taking out rubbish, caring for houseplants etc.)
- Organise and tidy cupboards and check food expiry dates
- Plan prepare and tidy away meals
- Answer the door
- Assist with pet care
- Supervise home maintenance
- Help with shopping and oversee home deliveries
PERSONAL CARE services which could include, but are not limited to:
- Provide medication reminders
- Help with bathing, dressing and grooming
- Help with continence care
- Assist to eat and drink
- Provide Dementia / Alzheimer care
- Provide respite / convalescence care
- Assist with morning/wake up and or evening/tuck in
- Build and maintain positive relationships with potential and existing clients, their families and other professionals.
- Creat, update and audit client care plans using the digital care plan system.
- Ensure all required paperwork is completed accurately and on time.
- Maintain accurate client records on Home Instead software and People Planner.
- Conduct client and Care Professional introductions, ensuring they are fully updated on the clients' care needs.
- Carry out client reviews.
- Manage client enquiries (for Live-in Care). Accurately track and report all enquiries.
- Co-ordinate new Live-in Care Professional introductions to their clients.
- Arrange all training for new Live-in Care Professionals.
- Perform daily Contact Calls with all Live-in Care Professionals and support visits once a week to our Live-in Clients.
- Complete reference and feedback for Live-in Care Professionals once their assignments have finished.
- Maintain contact with all Live-in Care Professionals and actively seek new assignments for them.
- Conduct follow up activities as necessary, reporting any serious issues to the Head of Care that may cause concern
- Work with care co-ordinators to ensure consistency of care is achieved.
- Medication Management.
- Participate in on-call duties during the week days and once a month at weekends
- Attend Meetings/Road shows & other networking events.
- Adhere to GDPR regulations.
- Carry out any other duties as deemed necessary for the successful operation of the business.
YOU MUST LIVE WITHIN THE UK FOR THIS ROLE
We are looking for people with kind, compassionate hearts who want to make a true difference to the quality of life for our clients, to join our team in Watford as a Live-In Care Professional.
As a Live-In Care Professional, you will reside in the client's home and provide a variety of companionship-based care services, to support them in remaining independent in their own home.