Community Engagement Lead
Home Instead Senior Care is the world’s leading provider of non-medical care and companionship services for older people. With minimum visits of one hour, award winning training and an excellent reputation we are immensely proud of the quality of care we provide. We match our CAREGivers to our clients based on mutual interests and hobbies to help build bonds of trust and enables us to provide personalised support.
Salary £21.00-£25.000 Per year- Full time
Home Instead Taunton are an award winning, family run business that is part of a network forming the world’s leading provider of homecare for older people. We believe passionately in providing a standard of care and support that we would be happy to receive ourselves and for our families. Home Instead Taunton is recognised as outstanding by CQC. We provide CAREGivers to our clients, who are suitably matched, visiting them on a consistent and regular basis.
We are seeking a motivated, enthusiastic individual to join our successful office team. The role is based in our Taunton offices and involves liaising with other agencies/services to promote Home Instead within the local community. The successful candidate will help with marketing the high quality care and recruitment of excellent CAREGivers by supporting the Recruitment & Training Coordinator through innovative marketing, community based strategies and networking.
· To meet required targets by researching, identifying and approaching sources for CAREGiver referrals
· To be proactive in organising and running recruitment campaigns
· To undertake any support or admin duties as required by Franchise Owner or Office Manager
· To support the Recruitment process
· Build professional relationships within the local community
· Keep up to date with new Home Instead network ideas via Franchise Centre
· To initiate and be proactive in marketing Home Instead
· To be part of the weekend working rota
· To be part of the evening rota to cover evening leads and alerts
· Excellent understanding of all Microsoft office programs (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook etc.)
· Good standard of Maths and English
· Good clear telephone manner
· Proven track record of excellent customer service
· Ability to network and build successful professional relationships with a wide range of other agencies
· Experience in office administration/reception, marketing or networking
· Living in or around the Taunton/Wellington area
· Driving Licence (as you may be required to attend meetings or events outside of the workplace).