"It's not working, it's CARING with Home Instead"
Assistant Care Manager FULL TIME
Work place pension, employee assistance program, referral bonus, high street discounts, free parking
Our office was established in 2007 and our mission is to brighten the lives of all adults regardless of where they may be on their ageing journey, giving them a sense of purpose, wellbeing & worth. This role will play a vital part in ensuring our clients receive the best in person centred individualised care and support.
We are looking for a highly skilled Assistant Care Manager with a strong care background to join our team in Southport. In this role you will support the Management team in achieving the growth and development of our care service to ensure we deliver the very best care support to all clients and families.
You will be involved in:
- Converting new client enquiries
- Care planning and conducting risk assessments ensuring compliance to relevant legal and regulatory requirements.
- Support an existing team to ensure workloads and deadlines are met and exceeded.
- Conduct support visits and competency assessments with CAREGivers
- Participate in a Duty Manager Rota
To be successful, you will:
- Have previous care experience at supervisor or management level.
- Be commercially aware and able to interpret information from reports
- Have a strong working knowledge of medication policies and procedures, safeguarding and the mental capacity act.
- Have excellent customer service skills
- Have the ability to build good working relationships.
- Liaise with health professionals, social workers, hospital discharge teams
- Have strong organisation and planning skills
- Be able to work well and accurately under pressure.
- Be flexible to meet the demands of the business including participating in an on-call rota
- Already posses strong IT skills including the use of care-planning software, Microsoft office, excel spreadsheets and TEAMs, Zoom or other form of meeting technology.
Due to the need to support the On-Call function, which may require you to support team members out in the field in emergency situations, and also the requirement to travel throughout the community to conduct new client assessments, you should have a driving licence and access to a reliable vehicle.
You will already be in possession of health care related qualifications with a strong desire to build on your existing experience.
The shift pattern for this role is six days on and three days off. Your standard hours of work will be between 8.30am - 5pm daily. Due to the nature of the service it may be necessary to amend your hours of work to meet the needs of our clients at short notice.
If you have a passion for caring and the motivation to help us achieve our ambitions, we would love to hear from you.
We encourage applications from all sections of the community as we want to reflect the neighbourhoods in which we work. Home Instead is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. This role is subject to DBS enhanced disclosure.