The Scheduler / Care Coordinator is responsible for the allocation of CAREGiver’s working hours whilst ensuring our robust quality standards are met. You will need to have at least one years’ experience in the care sector as a Scheduler/coordinator to join our team. You will be expected to:
· Organise all rotas and staffing requirements
· Ensure all staff and clients are aware of working schedules
· Be responsive to changes in the schedule and liaise with relevant team members
· Undertake any support or admin duties as required by Franchise Owner/Registered Care Manager
· Have sound knowledge and understanding of PeoplePlanner or other software systems, allocating and coordinating all care visits to ensure continuity for both client and CAREGiver
· Be able to adapt quickly to emergencies and / or other unforeseen circumstances ensuring all visits always take place
· Provide timely response to client requests and ensure they are constantly updated with new and changing information
· Be knowledgeable of local area
· Provide out of hours “on call” assistance on a rota basis
· Work directly with the management team to develop business and support the team.
· Support delivery of personal / care calls in times of need which may include out of hours
We are looking for a highly skilled Care Manager with a strong care background to join our team in Kendal (South Lakes). As our Care Manager, you will be responsible for the growth and development of our care service ensuring the delivery of outstanding quality care. Reporting to the Owners and Registered Manager, in this varied and challenging role, you will be involved in:
- Converting new client enquiries
- Care planning and conducting risk assessments ensuring compliance to relevant legal and regulatory requirements.
- Managing a team making sure that exceptional service is delivered to our clients and workloads are managed accordingly.
To be successful, you will:
- Have extensive care experience with excellent customer service and man management skills. (Possibly experience as a deputy Manager or Senior Co-ordinator)
- Be commercially aware
- Have strong influencing skills
- Be able to demonstrate achievement of business growth targets
- Have the ability to build good working relationships.
- Have strong organisation and planning skills
- Be able to work well and accurately under pressure.
- Be flexible to meet the demands of the business including participating in an on-call rota
Due to the need to support the On-Call function, which may require you to support team members out in the field in emergency situations, and also the requirement to travel throughout the community to conduct new client assessments, you should have a driving licence and access to a vehicle.
We encourage applications from all sections of the community as we want to reflect the neighbourhoods in which we work. Home Instead Senior Care is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. This role is subject to DBS enhanced disclosure.
Would you like to support an older person in your local area? Can you make a real difference by providing daily support with simple tasks? You can enrich the lives of older people in your area and help them to remain independent in their own homes whilst sharing in their interests and hobbies.
With Home Instead you can enjoy building professional friendships and become part of a valued team. You do not need any experience or particular qualifications to become a great CAREGiver. You may have personal experience of caring for a family member or may be a member of a voluntary organisation. For us the most important thing is your warm personality, reliability and compassionate nature.
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you. Why not get in touch to find out more about this rewarding role.
Have you got a few hours available in the morning or evening during the week or on a Saturday and/or Sunday, to really make a difference to the life of an older person in your local community? Do something amazing in your free time!
If you are caring and compassionate and would love to put a smile on someone's face this local, hugely rewarding part-time job could be for you!
The benefits of being a CAREGIver with Home Instead:
* Minimum 1 hour visit with every client so you don't feel rushed
* CAREGivers matched with clients based on shared interests.
* See the same clients regularly to develop great relationships
* £10.50 weekdays/ £12.00 weekends and weekday evenings
* Paid mileage
* 28 days paid holiday (pro rata)
* No uniform and FREE comprehensive pre-employment training
* Ongoing learning and development
* £100 bonus for referring new Caregivers
* Contributory pension provided
To be a Home Instead CAREGiver you must be:
· Compassionate, reliable and genuinely caring
· Available for part-time work between 8am-11.30am and/or 4pm-9pm
· Living locally or in the surrounding areas
No previous care experience is necessary.
Please note that we do require you to have your own reliable transport as many of our clients do like to be taken out and about.
Why not get in touch to find out more about this rewarding role? We'd love to hear from you!