Data and Privacy Protection
We are committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information. This Data Protection Promise describes how we collect and use personal information about you during and after your working relationship with us, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Data Protection Act 2018.
This notice applies to all candidates who wish to apply for a job with any Home Instead office.
It is important that you read this notice so that you are aware of how and why we are using such information.
This Website & Who We Are
This website is a dedicated recruitment website for the Home Instead network. Home Instead network is a nationwide franchise network and each office operating under the Home Instead brand is independently owned and operated. The UK Home Instead network is managed and regulated by Home Instead UK Limited, a company registered in England & Wales. Our company registration number is 5564869 and our registered office address is Unit 2 Walnut Tree Business Centre, Walnut Tree Farm, Lower Stretton, Warrington WA4 4PG.
How to Contact Us
Telephoning our office on 0300 012 0123
Sending us an email to [email protected]
All enquiries relating to your job application should be directed to the Home Instead office who is advertising the vacancy.
Our Privacy Champion is
Telephone: 01925 730 273
Email: [email protected]
We will comply with data protection law when it comes to the processing of your data. This says that the personal information we hold about you must be:
- Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way.
- Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes.
- Relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes.
- Accurate and kept up to date.
- Kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about.
- Kept securely.
- Right to Access – this means that you can ask us for a copy of all personal data we hold about you. This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Correction Right – if you believe that any of the information we hold about you is incorrect or out of date, you have the right to correct such information by providing us with the correct up to date information. In addition, you can ask us to delete the incorrect or out of date information and we will be happy to do so unless we are prevented from doing so by law or regulation.
- Right to be Forgotten – this enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. Please note that where we are obliged to keep your personal data because of a regulatory or legal requirement, we will not be able to delete the data and must continue to retain it.
- Right to Restrict Processing – in some limited circumstances you have the right to restrict the processing of your data.
- Right of Objection to Processing – you have the right to object to us using your data for direct marketing purposes and to profiling.
- Right of Data Portability – you have the right to request a copy of the personal data we hold about you in a commonly used and machine-readable format. We can provide your data either to you or to such other third party as you specify in your request.
- Automated Decision-Making Objection Right – automated decision-making is where a decision is made entirely by technological means without human intervention. We don’t use or rely on automated decision-making.
The kind of information we collect and hold about you
We may collect, store, and use the following categories of personal information about you: - Your IP address
- Personal contact details such as name, title, addresses, telephone numbers, and personal email addresses
- Date of birth, gender, marital status and dependants
- Salary, annual leave, pension and benefits information
- Recruitment information (including copies of right to work documentation, references and other information included in a CV or cover letter or as part of the application process)
- Employment records (including job titles, work history, working hours, training records and professional memberships
We may also collect, store and use the following "special categories" of more sensitive personal information in order to meet our obligations under employment law:
- Information about your race or ethnicity, religious beliefs, sexual orientation and political opinions
- Trade union membership
- Information about your health, including any medical condition, health and sickness records.
- Information about criminal convictions and offences
How is your personal information collected
We typically collect personal information about all candidates through the application and recruitment process, through your visit to our website, either directly from candidates or sometimes from an employment agency or background check provider. We may sometimes collect additional information from third parties including former employers, credit reference agencies or other background check agencies.
Why we collect your personal data and our legal basis for doing so
We collect and process your personal data in order to:
? Process your application
? Make a decision about your recruitment or appointment
Performance of a contract
? To enable us to comply with our legal obligations such as employment law for example
Compliance with a legal obligation
? Identify you each time you visit our website
? Improve our services and website
? Gather feedback on our performance in order to ensure that our proposition is continually enhanced and refined
? For business development purposes
If you fail to provide personal information
If you fail to provide certain information when requested, we may not be able to continue to consider your application.
We will only use your personal information for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If we need to use your personal information for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Please note that we may process your personal information without your knowledge or consent, where this is required or permitted by law.
How long we keep your data
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
If your application is unsuccessful, to comply with our legal obligations we may retain your personal information for up to 6 months after we have notified you of the outcome of our recruitment decision.
Who has Access to Your Data
All data submitted by you when using this website is accessible both locally by the local franchised office and centrally by Home Instead UK Limited. We do not, as a matter of course, transfer your data outside of the European Economic Area and use, as far as possible, UK or European data centres. Where we use providers who only have overseas-based data centres we only do so in limited circumstances and always only after completing a thorough due diligence process to ensure the continued safety and security of your data.
Your Duty to Inform us of changes
It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal information changes during the application process.
Because the data we hold about you is your data, you have the following rights in respect of the personal data we hold about you:
If you would like to exercise any of the above rights, please contact (preferably in writing) our Privacy Champion using the contact details above.
Right to Complain
If you have any concerns about our handling of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (“ICO”) by visiting https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or telephoning the ICO helpline on 0303 123 1113.
We reserve the right to update this privacy notice at any time, and we will provide you with a new privacy notice when we make any substantial updates.
If you have any questions about this privacy notice, please contact our Privacy Champion.