Trainer - Part-Time
Home Instead Senior Care is the world's leading provider of non-medical care and companionship services for older people in their own homes. Here at the Oldham & Saddleworth office we are very proud to be rated as Outstanding by the Care Quality Commission (CQC) and we strive to create a warm, friendly and fun place to work for all our CAREGivers (Mobile Carers).
Our longer call times set us aside from other providers, giving our CAREGivers time to build up trust and rapport, creating lasting friendships.
The Trainer will be responsible for the implementation, overview, organisation, and delivery of training programmes to improve the knowledge, skills, and competence of CAREGivers.
- Deliver the Recruitment Assessment Programme for all new CAREGivers, ensuring they attain the relevant level of competence to deliver their role.
- Deliver mandatory training in line with legislative requirements, such as, Medication, Safeguarding & Moving & Handling.
- Identify relevant funding opportunities for training.
- Manage the Learning Management System (LMS), ensuring training records and the team's training compliance is up-to date at all time.
- Develop and deliver specific training in line with care certificate standards.
- Field based 'on the job' training, such as Manual Handling.
Who Are We Looking For?
Someone with passion for the elderly, someone who knows and shares our values and culture. Someone who knows how to communicate effectively, create interesting training content and deliver training programmes.
- Qualification or demonstratable experience in training or assessing.
- A good knowledge of health and social care is desirable.
- Good IT skills, proficient in MS Office and online training platforms.
- Must be able to work evenings or weekends (if required)
- Mileage contribution paid
- Pension scheme
- Employee Benefits Scheme- with discounts on shopping, restaurants and more!
- Free membership to ‘Employee Assistance Programme’ which gives you 24/7 access to one to one counselling, legal advice and support, self-help and well-being information
- £24,000 pro rata
- 22.5 hours per week, over 3 days (preferably Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday)