Come and join the best!
Home Instead Senior Care is the UK's leading home care provider and has won many awards over the years. Having a reputation second to none, with currently 60+ of it’s 200 offices being awarded a CQC Overall Outstanding we are leading the way! Why are we different? Well, as we focus on building relationships, we provide a minimum of 1-hour home visits to mostly private clients who receive visits from the same companions all the time. It’s great for everyone and it works!
Responsible for the implementation, overview, organisation, and delivery of training programmes to improve the knowledge, skills, and competence of CAREGivers.
• Deliver the country specific Induction Training programme for all new CAREGivers, ensuring they attain the relevant level of competence to deliver their role.
• Complete on the job competency assessments to ensure CAREGivers have the right skills and knowledge.
• Work closely with the office team to ensure all new CAREGivers are fully supported in their first 3 months of employment.
• Responsible for delivering training as outlined in the CAREGiver Development Journey for all CAREGivers, ensuring all relevant refresher training is completed within the correct timescales.
• Develop training and enhance the skills of the existing team through personal development plans.
• Identify and agree additional training or development needed to build competence and confidence of CAREGiver.
• Evaluate the effectiveness of all training, identifying training gaps and recommending relevant training solutions to meet these needs.
• Work with CAREGivers and role model high quality care in the client’s home.
• Manage the Learning Management System (LMS), ensuring training records and the team's training compliance is up-to date at all time.
• To keep up to date with all new developments in the Health and Social Care Sector and ensure all training materials reflect current legislative requirements.
• Identify relevant funding opportunities for training.
• Ensure compliance with Home Instead’s Equality, Diversity and Equal Opportunities Policy, in respect of employment and service delivery.
• Carry out any other duties deemed necessary for the successful operation of the business.
Must have relevant training experience.
• A good knowledge of health and social care including Social Care Wales requirements, The Code of Professional Practice, CIW legislations.
• Must have experience in preparing and delivering training programmes.
Each Home Instead Senior Care® franchise office is independently owned and operated
• Hold relevant up to date qualifications in line with training delivery requirements, such as All Wales Manual Handling Passport Train the Trainer, Medication Train the Trainer. (Desirable)
• Excellent presentation skills.
• Ability to communicate and motivate others, helping them to achieve their potential.
• Good working knowledge of IT Systems with experience of Microsoft Office, working with databases and virtual communication platforms with the ability to learn and adopt new technologies where appropriate.
Teamwork & Collaboration
Communication & Relationship Management
Living Home Instead
Role Specific Competencies
Adapting to change
Planning & Organising