Care Mentor & Support Assistant
Industry Leading Training, Excellent Support
Home Instead is the world’s leading provider of non-medical care and companionship services for older people and we are immensely proud of the quality of care we provide. We match our CAREGivers to our clients based on mutual interests and hobbies to help build bonds of trust and enables us to provide personalised support. The care & support our CAREGivers provide enables our clients to live independently & happy in their own homes
We have an exciting opportunity for a talented, enthusiastic and ‘can-do’ person to join our award-winning team, to help mentor and develop our top-quality CAREGivers
Working alongside our Trainer in our busy CAREGiver Experience department, you will support and mentor our new CAREGivers as they start their journey with Home Instead.
- Support the onboarding process to ensure a positive experience and a memorable first day for CAREGivers.
- Help deliver our Induction programme for all new CAREGivers, ensuring they attain the relevant level of competence to deliver their role.
- Support with on-the-job competency assessments to ensure CAREGivers have the right skills and knowledge.
- Work closely with the office team to ensure all new CAREGivers are fully supported in their first 3 months of employment.
- Support the trainer by ensuring all training is recorded and monitored to ensure completion within the correct timescales.
- Support the onboarding team to enhance the skills of the CAREGivers through personal development plans.
- Identify and agree additional training or development needed to build competence and confidence of CAREGivers.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of all training, identifying training gaps and recommending relevant training solutions to meet these needs.
- Work with CAREGivers and role model high quality care in the client’s home.
- Utilise the on-line Learning Management System, ensuring training records and the team's training compliance is up-to date at all time.
- Schedule training sessions for CAREGivers and assist with the preparation of training sessions.
- Ensure CAREGiver Experience documentation e.g., training and recruitment materials are kept up to date.
- Ensure compliance with Home Instead’s Equality, Diversity and Equal Opportunities Policy, in respect of employment and service delivery.
- Carry out any other duties deemed necessary for the successful operation of the business.
- Support and mentor CAREGivers.
- Maintain regular contact with CAREGivers
- Excellent organisation and prioritisation skills with the ability to work accurately under pressure and adapt to changing demands.
- A good knowledge of health and social care.
- Good working knowledge of IT Systems with the ability to learn and adopt new technologies where appropriate.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build rapport quickly.
- Flexibility to work outside 9-5 Monday to Friday to meet the demands of the business.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Team player who is self-motivated, results driven and resilient.
- Good presentation skills
This is a role which offers the potential to develop, depending on the individual. We offer first class training and support and can provide accredited training in how to deliver key courses such as Dementia, Moving & Handling, Medication, First Aid etc. If you want to progress and develop your career in Learning & Development, we can help you do that!
Looking for a new career can be daunting, but with Home Instead it all starts with a friendly chat and a chance to get to know you better, so get in touch, send your CV and find out more!
Starting Salary in the range of £20,000 depending on relevant experience