Elderly Befriender - Poringland, Norfolk area
Home Instead Senior Care is the world’s leading provider of non-medical care and companionship services for older people. With minimum visits of one hour, award winning training and an excellent reputation we are immensely proud of the quality of care we provide.
Care Assistant & Elderly Befriender - Poringland, Norfolk Area
£11.50 per hour and holiday pay on top!
We are looking for 'people people' to work one to one with older people to improve the quality of life for older person in your local community.
There is no age limit for applicants and no formal experience is required. However, a driving licence and access to a vehicle is required.
You could be joining our award-winning, small, family-run, local home care company who's visits always involve an element of companionship. We have won multiple awards over the years and have built an excellent reputation in the local area. This home care service with the personal touch is different to any other care organisation in the area, providing a minimum of 1-hour home visits to a predominantly private client base, but the focus being on companionship. The average visiting time is actually far higher at about 90 minutes and our friendly office team are sensible about travel time and distances as well so you'll be visiting clients within a pre-agreed area to suit you.
There are some fantastic benefits & hours in your role as Care Assistant & Elderly Befriender, including:
- £11.50 per hour and bank holiday pay
- Holiday and pension scheme.
- Part time flexible roles available
- Various shift patterns between 7am and 10pm 7 days a week including alternate weekends
- In house Training that includes Care Certificate and shadowing shifts.
- £250 Recommend a friend bonus scheme.
- Ongoing support from the office team.
- PPE and DBS checks
Help us in our mission to end loneliness amongst our local elderly population
This is a totally unique care sector opportunity - what does the role involve? We will carefully match you to your own small circle of older adults in your local community and you will support them to live happy, independent lives by providing:
- Companionship, a cup of tea & a natter
- Shopping tips, social Calls, appointments, clubs & hobbies
- Preparing simple meals and light household duties
- Prompting & assisting your client with their medication
- Support getting in & out of the shower & getting dressed
- Help to & from the loo
If you have not heard back from us within 10 days your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful.
Driving licence and reliable tranpspot required