The Best Place to Work in Care
Deputy Care Manager
Excellent Support, Paid On Call, Staff Discounts
At Home Instead we are dedicated to providing the highest quality care for senior people in the comfort of their own homes. Our ambition is to be known as the best place to work in care. We enrich clients lives by recruiting and training great people, and giving them time to establish great relationships with clients. We are an established, growing team in the heart of Rustington. We recruit people who share our values and dedication to making a difference. We are a small team supported by the expertise of a national franchise network.
NB: We are re-advertising this post as the candidate selected has had a change of personal circumstances meaning they can no longer take up the position.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an ambitious Deputy Care Manager to join our friendly team at Home Instead Littlehampton and support the Registered Care Manager in delivering the highest quality care to our clients.
We are looking for the right person with excellent customer service, administrative and people skills to help drive our highly regarded care business forward.
This role offers great career prospects and the chance to be part of a strong, supportive, friendly team providing the very best companionship, home help and personal care services for older people who wish to remain happily, safely and independently at home.
As a Deputy Care Manager you will:
- Have a proven ability to work at a management level in the care sector.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with potential and existing clients, their families and other professionals involved in their care.
- Engage with new clients and their families to ensure that the care package on offer meets their every need and that the service they receive is of the highest quality.
- Visit clients regularly, carrying out needs assessments, and updating care plans.
- Match our Care Professionals to clients to ensure they deliver the high standard of care and that clients needs and a high job satisfaction for the Care Professionals.
- Oversee the training and development of Care Professionals to ensure they are fully equipped to carry out their role.
- Work within CQC guidelines and in line with UK care legislation and be fully engaged in achieving outstanding ratings by the CQC.
- Be a part of the on-call rota (1 week in 4). Note that our on call very rarely requires attendance at a client's address.
- Stand in for the Manager as their Deputy when they are away from the office.
- Level 3 NVQ in Health and Social Care or equivalent experience.
- Management or supervisory experience.
- Experience in the care sector delivering a wide range of personal care services.
- Passion for delivering the highest quality care to our clients and helping them to live independently and happily in their own homes.
- Knowledge of CQC requirements.
- Effective multi-tasking and prioritisation skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Company events
- Company pension
- Employee discount
If you would like to forge your future with an exceptional care company that is really passionate about delivering the best possible care to enrich client’s lives then please apply by writing a covering letter / email explaining why you think you may be the right person for the job and attach your CV. You should cover:
• What is it about this role that appeals to you?
• Why Home Instead?
• What skills and experience have you demonstrated that show you are a good fit for this role?
If you do not provide a covering letter/email with this information your application will not be progressed. Please note also that interviews may take place prior to the advert closing as and when suitable applications are received. If a suitable candidate is appointed the role will close early therefore please do not hesitate to submit your application.