Care Coordination Assistant
Home Instead Isle of Wight have been changing the lives of individuals for the better since 2019 as we strive to make a difference to the community by delivering Outstanding and person-centred care. Our aim is to change the face of aging by supporting our clients with companionship-led support which allows them to remain as independent as they can be while living in their own homes.
The changing world need the professions of Health and Social Care to change, adapt and blend to ensure that the everchanging needs of our population are met. This exciting opportunity will allow you to make the biggest difference to those most in need of support.
- Understand and build effective and efficient schedules around our clients and Care Professionals needs and requirements.
- Ensure schedules are prepared, considering travel time, holidays, training and last-minute cancellations.
- Be responsive to changes in the schedule and liaise with relevant team members.
- Match Care Professionals to new clients in conjunction with the Care Management Team and arrange introductions.
- Ensure client schedules are matched to their needs, with the same Care Professionals and the same times each week, where possible.
- Develop excellent relationships with both clients and Care Professionals so both can enjoy positive experiences.
- Work with the Care Management Team to ensure new and existing care packages can be resourced and scheduled on a timely basis.
- Add and maintain all client and Care Professionals information onto our electronic scheduling / monitoring system.
- Ensure compliance with Home Instead’s Equality, Diversity and Equal Opportunities Policy, in respect of employment and service delivery.
- Produce KPI reports for the Registered Manager as required.
- Hold the On-Call phone on a scheduled basis.
- Carry out any other duties deemed necessary for the successful operation of the business. This role will involve covering care calls when required, this role is based on 9 - 5 however, you should expect on rare occasions to work evenings and or weekends.
- Full UK driving license and access to a reliable vehicle due to On-Call requirements.
- Experience of working in either a scheduling role within home care, direct care experience or other relevant environment such as logistics.
- Good working knowledge of IT systems with experience of Microsoft Office, with the ability to learn and adopt new technologies where appropriate.
- Highly resilient and positive with excellent communication skills.
- Excellent organisation and prioritisation skills with the ability to work calmly and accurately under pressure.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build rapport quickly.
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to multi-task.
- Logical and analytical with the ability to work on own initiative and meet deadlines.
- Ability to be part of the On-Call support team.
- An awareness of the requirements of CQC in relation to care at home.
- Reliable and able to always maintain a professional approach.
We need a passionate motivated Scheduling Assistant to work with our amazing Team here on the Island. You will need to be bubbly, easy to approach and be prepared to help out wherever needed to ensure an outstanding care service is provided.
- 20 days annual leave and bank holidays
- Free parking on-site
- Pension scheme
- Covid-19 safe working environment
- Positive and friendly office
- Paid mileage
- Free access to the Employee Assistance Programme - includes 24/7 access to support and advice
Please telephone our office on 01983 240015 or email [email protected]
We encourage applications from all sections of the community as we want to reflect the neighbourhoods in which we work. Home Instead is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. This role is subject to DBS enhanced disclosure and references.