It's Not Working, it's CARING with Home Instead
Care Manager -starting salary £32,500
Our office was established in 2010 and our mission is to provide everyday support in the lives of our clients enabling independence and giving them a sense of purpose, wellbeing & worth. This role will play a vital part ensuring that our clients receive the best in class quality care and support the future growth of our business.
- Work closely as the Registered Manager with the Franchise Owner and General Manager to coordinate the ongoing development of a high quality private domiciliary care service for older people in the local area.
- Promote the highest standards of care and service with a focus on person centred care.
- Manage the process of client acquisition from initial contact to conversion adhering to company policy.
- Carry out care planning and conduct risk assessments ensuring compliance to relevant legal and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure successful operation of quality control systems and performing quality assurance visits for clients.
- Continually reviewing and improving processes to ensure the most effective and efficient service is always being delivered.
- Effectively managing complaints and incidents, carrying out investigations relating to the quality of the service and using those findings to initiate improvements.
- Ensure relevant reports are forwarded to relevant bodies e.g. CQC Care Inspectorate, The Regulation and Quality Improvement Authority, and Safeguarding.
- Promote a positive culture in line with the Home Instead ethos and values.
- Provide inspired leadership to the team making sure that exceptional service is delivered to the clients, and workloads are managed accordingly ensuring safe staffing levels.
- Take part in disciplinary investigations, interviews and meetings following the company policy and in conjunction with advice from the HR Provider.
- Ensure that policies and procedures are adhered to by all employees.
- Maintain the accuracy and integrity of data across all relevant platforms.
- Keep up to date with changes in legislation and regulations.
- Proactively identify own development areas in line with business objectives and the duties of your role, taking action within a reasonable timeframe.
- Ensure compliance with Home Instead’s Equality, Diversity and Equal Opportunities Policy, in respect of employment and service delivery.
- Carry out any other duties deemed necessary for the successful operation of the business.
- Extensive care experience with a proven track record in providing consistent excellent customer service.
- Proven experience in leading, training and managing a team to provide high quality domiciliary care services.
- Have or be willing to working towards Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care and Children and Young People's Services or equivalent.
- Willing and able to take on the role of Registered Manager and to manage the CQC regulatory activity of the business.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of compliance and legislative requirements of the Care Standards regulations.
- Strong skills in conducting care assessment and care planning.
- Good understanding of systems and processes.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to inspire others and build fantastic working relationships.
- Strong organisation and planning skills.
- Drive and motivation to take on a broad role and develop care services.
- Passionate about providing the highest quality of care.
- Commercially aware and have strong influencing and negotiating skills.
- Demonstrate achievement of business growth targets.
- Ability to work well and accurately under pressure.
- Be responsive, agile and remain calm whilst dealing with multiple priorities.
- Be flexible to meet demands of the business including participating in an on- call rota.
- Good working knowledge of IT Systems with experience of Microsoft Office or Google Suite, working with databases and virtual communication platforms with the ability to learn and adopt new technologies where appropriate.
- Due to the need to support the On-Call function, which may require the support of team members out in the field in emergency situations, and the requirement to travel throughout the community to conduct new client assessments, you should have a driving licence and access to a vehicle.
Role Specific Competencies
Adapting to Change
Teamwork & Collaboration
Planning and Organising
Communication & Relationship Management
Living Home Instead
If you have a passion for caring and the motivation to help us achieve our ambitions, we would love to hear from you.
We encourage applications from all sections of the community as we want to reflect the neighbourhoods in which we work. Home Instead is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. This role is subject to DBS enhanced disclosure.