A leader is one who knows the way, goes the way, and shows the way
Care Operational Manager
An outstanding career opportunity has arisen for an Operations Manager to join the Home Instead Guildford and Woking office due to expansion of the company and clientele.
As our Operations Manager, you will be proud to represent us and be an ambassador for the excellent service we provide to our clients. You will be part of an organisation that strives to be outstanding in all aspects of its client and CAREGiver experience.
You need to be proactive with a can-do attitude, energetic, a great communicator, with exceptional organisational skills. You need to have a passion for providing high quality customer service and will have previous experience in an operational capacity in (ideally) the care industry or a franchise setting.
Home Instead Guildford and Woking, take a collaborative and consultative approach that values and appreciates the insights, contribution and enthusiasm of our team to make a difference to our community and to the lives of people we help care and support while they remain independent in their own home.
This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic and highly motivated Operations Manager to ensure the excellent standards supporting people and vulnerable adults are adhered to. This is a key management position, responsible for providing operation leadership to ensure that firstly, Home Instead remain compliant with CQC standards and maintain our ‘OUTSTANDING’ rating and secondly, the company achieves standards of excellence and performance standards.
The Operations Manager will be responsible for managing and improving the operational systems, processes, policies and procedures in support of better management reporting, information flow and management, business processes, and organisational planning as well as supporting the office team to achieve their overall objectives in order to grow the company further.
- Proven track record in the management of day-to-day operations within a fast moving, commercial business environment with at least 12-18 months experience in an Operation management role, ideally in health and social care or a franchise setting
- Experience of compliance and leadership
- Experience ideally in regulatory frameworks (Ideally) CQC
- Experience of writing and implementing policies and procedures.
- Strong organisational skills; be able to multi-task and re-prioritise at short notice and be an effective communicator alongside having an eye for detail and the ability to analyse and produce a variety of reports.
- Work well under pressure and take accountability to ensure that services are operating at optimum performance levels.
- Knowledge of health illnesses and relevant legislation and regulation.
- Experience in recruitment, induction and training of staff.
- Understanding of financial management in terms of planning, budgeting and monitoring of financial performance.
- Knowledge of safeguarding.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to use information management systems to monitor progress and identify key trends, patterns and themes.
- Operate performance against supervisions and appraisals and, analyse data to identify themes, trends and insights and to make recommendations for improvements.
- Proven experience in quality standards and continuous improvement systems and approach.
- Strong computer skills, systems and structures including auditing skills, investigations, complaint handling, disciplinary and report writing.
- Proven ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships with external & internal stakeholders.
- Experience of managing and motivating a team within a fluid working environment.
- Caring and compassionate person with a genuine desire to want to make a difference and help individuals to have meaningful and purposeful live
- Must have full driving license and means of transport
Benefits of working for Home Instead Guildford and Woking
- Up to 25 days annual leave, plus public holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Staff discount portal
- Free DBS
- Free parking
- Full ongoing professional training & development.