Do you want to be part of an award-winning home care provider?
Home Instead is the world’s leading provider of non-medical care and companionship services for the public. With visits of one hour or more, award winning training and an excellent reputation we are immensely proud of the quality of care we provide.
· Rated N.1 in the Elite top 100 Franchises 2020
· Franchise of the Year Gold Winner in the British Franchise Awards 2020
As our Care Manager, you will be responsible for the continued growth and development of our care service ensuring the delivery of outstanding quality care. This Home Instead office has been established for 7 years and is now seeking a Care Manager who can lead the team to the next level of growth.
This role is suitable for an experienced care manager looking for a new challenge. The suitable candidate will have great commercial awareness and be able to demonstrate the drive and passion to lead a large team. A solid foundation in growth and a commitment to take the branch to the next level of Home Instead will be expected.
In this varied and challenging role, you will be involved in:
- Working closely with the General Manager to coordinate the growth and ongoing development of a private home care service for older people.
- Providing inspired leadership to an existing office team and highly motivated team of CAREGivers and ensuring workloads are managed accordingly.
- Networking in the local community to raise awareness of the service
- Converting new client enquiries and coordinating rotas
- Care planning and conducting risk assessments and ensuring compliance to relevant legal and regulatory requirements and company standards.
- Ensuring the delivery of exceptional service to our clients.
- Improving quality standards and ensuring all compliance is kept up to date, including reporting to the Care Inspectorate.
To be successful, you will:
- Have extensive care experience with excellent customer service and leadership skills.
- Be commercially aware and have strong influencing skills.
- Be able to demonstrate achievement of business growth targets.
- Have the ability to build good working relationships.
- Have strong organisation and planning skills.
- Be able to work well and accurately under pressure.
- Be flexible to meet the demands of the business including participating in an on-call rota.
- Have a minimum qualification of SVQ Level 3 in Health and Social Care or equivalent and be able to start working towards SVQ Level 4 and Registered Manager’s Award.
- Have strong local knowledge of the Glasgow City and East Dunbartonshire areas and preferably existing relationships within the local health and social care sector
Due to the need to support the On-Call function, which may require you to support team members out in the field in emergency situations, and also the requirement to travel throughout the community to conduct new client assessments, you should have a driving licence and access to a vehicle.
This role will play a vital part in ensuring that our clients receive the highest quality care and will make a real difference for the older people we work with. We offer an attractive salary and a fantastic career development opportunity. If you have a passion for caring and the motivation to help us achieve our ambitions, we would love to hear from you.
Home Instead Senior Care is the world’s leading provider of non-medical care and companionship services for older people. With minimum visits of one hour, award winning training and an excellent reputation we are immensely proud of the quality of care we provide. The company operates six successful offices in Scotland and over 220 offices throughout the rest of the UK
We encourage applications from all sections of the community as we want to reflect the neighbourhoods in which we work. Home Instead Senior Care is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. This role is subject to an enhanced PVG disclosure.
If you would like more information, please don't hesitate to visit our website or give us a call:
Call Lesley Ballingall - General Manager - 07798 787 577