Live in care offers you a way to remain independent at home while receiving care and support from a familiar face. It is the perfect solution if you simply want the confidence of having someone with you for support and companionship.
We are the UK's leading provider of care in the home and a live in care arrangement is an extension of our highest quality care service. With our live in care option you will receive the same highly personalised, flexible and responsive support that we are famous for, with support when and how you need it.
There are two types of Live In care – Managed Live In Care and Introductory Live In care.
We are a live in care company that provides a fully managed live in care service where we are responsible for the direct employment of our Caregivers who are sourced through a rigorous recruitment process which includes; Interview, Pre-Employment assessment which is conducted over 3 days in our classroom, 4 References, Police Disclosure and ensure our CAREGivers are all professionally registered with the Scottish Social Services Council.
Our Home Instead CAREGivers are trained and developed continuously to the top of the industry standards. We will source particular training needs for your service if required and ensure caregivers are fully skilled to meet your needs. To ensure the quality of your service we never use Agency staff , having an emergency process in place to ensure your service is fully cared for should it be required.
When you receive a service from Home Instead your dedicated live in team leader becomes your first point of contact who will be completely responsible for your care. Allowing you to know that our top quality services are being delivered which in turn we hope will ease the stress or worry involved in caring for a loved one.
The positives of Fully Managed Live In Care services from Home Instead.
- Your service will be fully cared for by a dedicated live in team leader from your first call
- CAREGivers are managed by Home Instead – employed, trained and developed to meet individual client need
- Dedicated small team of live in caregivers with a rotation tailored to individuals needs
- We will never outsource to an external Agency
- No hidden costs – once a rate is agreed this will only change following a process of discussion and service review which evidences a long term change in your loved ones needs
- Each service is tailored to individual needs, ensuring a person centred approach is used to develop you care and support
- No charge for initial consultation – this is where we will begin the first steps in tailoring your individual care and support
- Our CAREGivers are personally matched to clients, we will look for individuals with similar likes, dislikes and personalities with the necessary skills and knowledge to deliver your care and support
- Your dedicated live in team leader will be able to give advice on access to funding options within Scotland to support you in paying for your choice to continue living at home
What is Introductory Live In Care?
Providers of Introductory live in care charge a one off fee or in some instances a monthly on-going holding fee, to find a carer for your live in needs. The charge they apply is to interview and vet your appointed carer. The Introductory Live In care provider will not employ the caregiver caring for your loved one. Nor will they be responsible for their on-going training and development. The allocated carer will be caring for your loved one on a self-employed basis. You will continue to be responsible for managing the overall care needs of your loved one, including covering periods of caregiver absences and emergencies, which could in turn leave you with periods of time without care in place.
Which areas do we cover for Live in Care
We cover the following areas:
- Greater Glasgow
- East and West Dunbartonshire
- East Renfrewshire and Renfrewshire
- North and South Lanarkshire
- Fife and Walkirk
- East, North and South Ayrshire
- Argyl and Bute
- Edinburgh and the Lothians
For more information view our Live in Care eBrochure for more information or call us on 0141 249 0574 for more information.