We are an independently-owned, family-run, home care provider and part of the Home Instead Senior Care network offering the highest quality home care in the UK. We have a CQC 5 Star rating and have won multiple employer in care awards. We offer you the opportunity to join an outstanding, growing company, in a friendly and nurturing team environment.
To provide a comprehensive HR service which ensures that managers and employees are equipped to deliver best practice operations that meet the objectives of the company reporting to the General Manager and/or Directors/ Franchise Owners.
Key player in the Senior Leadership Team, contributing to the growth of offices covering Exeter & East Devon and Mid Devon.
To lead and support the CAREGiver Experience Team to ensure timely recruitment of high-quality CAREGivers with focused and effective strategies for engagement and retention.
To promote Home Instead as an employer of choice in the local community.
- Delivery of the HR Strategy and Plan for the office in line with the National Office People Strategy and objectives, guidance and tools.
- Monitor and champion equality, diversity and inclusion.
- In conjunction with the HR Service Provider, provide timely, responsive and effective HR advice for key players on a range of matters relating to employee relations, management of staff, performance management, workforce development and workforce planning, strategy and service development as appropriate.
- Support the General Manager/Franchise Owner in the delivery of HR projects.
- Complete a regularly scheduled audit of HR processes to ensure compliance with all Employment Laws, GDPR, regulations and Home Instead Senior Care Franchise Standards.
- Set and achieve HR key performance indicators and provide reports using available HR systems.
- Ensure compliance with Home Instead’s Equality, Diversity and Equal Opportunities Policy in respect of employment and service delivery
- Work with the Marketing Team in the development of networks in the local community. Identify and lead recruitment events and ensure representation from your team at other community events as necessary.
- Lead all aspects of recruitment activity ensuring compliance with Franchise Standards and regulatory requirements through effective management of the CAREGiver Experience team.
- Feed insights to the Marketing Team to ensure recruitment strategies are targeted as required. Be proactive in providing relevant content to the Marketing Team in order to aid them in promoting the business.
- Champion CAREGiver referrals as the lead source to attain new CAREGivers
- Ensure the accuracy and integrity of recruitment related information using the SmartRecruiters Applicant Tracking System (ATS) and all key players understand their responsibilities.
- Monitor ratio of CAREGivers to clients, build a robust talent bank and drive communication between the recruitment and scheduling team.
- Support the creation of a succession plan to support future business growth.
- Lead all aspects of training activity ensuring compliance with Franchise Standards and regulatory requirements through effective management of the CAREGiver Experience team.
- Ensure training needs analysis and personal development plans are monitored based on the CAREGiver development journey.
- Help formulate the Franchise Office training plan with the Trainer creating continual professional development opportunities for all and support through relevant qualifications.
- Ensure all the relevant team fully utilise the learning management system to record ongoing training and all key players understand their responsibilities.
- Oversee the delivery of the highest level of training and keep up to date with sector developments and legislation.
- Monitor and evaluate the quality of training delivery and ensure all Home Instead materials and resources are being used effectively.
- Research and utilise funding from local sources.
Retention and Structured Support
- To ensure the end-to-end candidate experience is a positive and engaging proposition.
- Create a plan with the team for each stage of the CAREGiver journey to ensure they are fully supported, with touchpoints in place, especially within the first 12 weeks.
- Responsible for monitoring field-based observations and ensure supervisions and appraisals are recorded and kept up to date.
- Monitor the quality of annual appraisals and coach and develop key players in this area.
- Conduct supervision and annual appraisals for CAREGivers
- Support the completion of employee satisfaction questionnaires and develop and deliver an action plan based on the feedback.
- Monitor staff welfare, morale, and wellbeing.
- Create a Wellbeing framework for the office.
- Responsible for planning structured team meetings and social events.
- Owner of rewards and recognition programmes and communicating all the Home Instead resources available to the team.
- Review completion of exit interviews and identify any common threads to share with wider key player team to put solutions in place.
- Overall responsibility for employee files; ensuring that they are all compliant, up to date and accurate.
- Set targets, analyse and monitor, recruitment, retention, and training data to continually improve and hold teams accountable for the delivery of HR key performance indicators.
- Keep up to date on industry trends and best practices in all areas relating to CAREGiver recruitment, training, and engagement.
- Conduct annual appraisals for your own team.
- Monitor and champion equality, diversity and inclusion
- Aid in the recruitment and training of a high performing team of key players focused on the needs of clients and CAREGivers.
- Own the succession plan for the office and identify and develop talent
- Carry out any other duties deemed necessary for the successful operation of the business.
- A relevant CIPD or equivalent HR qualifications.
- Proven experience within a generalist HR role including:
- Delivering training & development programmes; a qualification is beneficial.
- End-to-end recruitment.
- Retention and engagement methods.
- Up-to-date knowledge of best practices in HR and the sector.
- Good understanding of Employment Law.
- Be confident and self-motivated with the ability to build and maintain strong positive external community relationships to promote the opportunities available at Home Instead.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build rapport quickly.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good working knowledge of IT Systems with experience in Microsoft Office and Google Suite, working with HR systems and virtual communication platforms with the ability to learn and adopt new technologies where appropriate.
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to multi-task.
- Excellent organisation and prioritisation skills with the ability to work accurately under pressure.
- A team player who is self-motivated, driven to achieve results and resilient.
- Proven experience in leading and supporting a team
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Ability to communicate and motivate others, helping them to achieve their potential.
- Share the company’s commitment to providing the highest quality service to our clients and our team of CAREGivers
- Influence, lead and represent Home Instead Senior Care values driving culture and engagement.
- Work in line with all company policies and procedures, local and national guidance and legislation
- Maintain compliance with Care Quality Commission and Home Instead standards
- Attend appraisals, regular planning meetings and maintain professional development
- Be positive, well presented and act as an ambassador for Home Instead Senior Care at all times
- Attend all relevant training required by the company
- Close liaison with all office team members and to support business needs as required in a changing environment
- You must be a car driver and be able to commute to our office daily. There will be some requirement to travel across all areas specified
- Flexibility to work outside of 9-5 Monday to Friday to meet the demands of the business.
- Take part in the out of hours on-call rota and assist with emergency shift cover, as required by the General Manager