With growing demand for our outstanding services, we have vacancies for the right people to work in East Devon covering Exeter, Sidmouth, Seaton Honiton and surrounding areas, providing the highest quality non-medical care, personal care, home help and companionship, allowing the elderly to live independently in their own homes.
All training provided
To provide a comprehensive HR service which ensures that managers and employees are equipped to deliver best practice operations that meet the objectives of the company reporting to the General Manager and/or Directors/ Franchise Owners.
Key player in the Senior Leadership Team, contributing to the growth of offices covering Exeter & East Devon and Mid Devon.
To lead and support the CAREGiver Experience Team to ensure timely recruitment of high-quality CAREGivers with focused and effective strategies for engagement and retention.
To promote Home Instead as an employer of choice in the local community.
- Delivery of the HR Strategy and Plan for the office in line with the National Office People Strategy and objectives, guidance and tools.
- Monitor and champion equality, diversity and inclusion.
- In conjunction with the HR Service Provider, provide timely, responsive and effective HR advice for key players on a range of matters relating to employee relations, management of staff, performance management, workforce development and workforce planning, strategy and service development as appropriate.
- Support the General Manager/Franchise Owner in the delivery of HR projects.
- Complete a regularly scheduled audit of HR processes to ensure compliance with all Employment Laws, GDPR, regulations and Home Instead Senior Care Franchise Standards.
- Set and achieve HR key performance indicators and provide reports using available HR systems.
- Ensure compliance with Home Instead’s Equality, Diversity and Equal Opportunities Policy in respect of employment and service delivery
- Work with the Marketing Team in the development of networks in the local community. Identify and lead recruitment events and ensure representation from your team at other community events as necessary.
- Lead all aspects of recruitment activity ensuring compliance with Franchise Standards and regulatory requirements through effective management of the CAREGiver Experience team.
- Feed insights to the Marketing Team to ensure recruitment strategies are targeted as required. Be proactive in providing relevant content to the Marketing Team in order to aid them in promoting the business.
- Champion CAREGiver referrals as the lead source to attain new CAREGivers
- Ensure the accuracy and integrity of recruitment related information using the SmartRecruiters Applicant Tracking System (ATS) and all key players understand their responsibilities.
- Monitor ratio of CAREGivers to clients, build a robust talent bank and drive communication between the recruitment and scheduling team.
- Support the creation of a succession plan to support future business growth.
- Lead all aspects of training activity ensuring compliance with Franchise Standards and regulatory requirements through effective management of the CAREGiver Experience team.
- Ensure training needs analysis and personal development plans are monitored based on the CAREGiver development journey.
- Help formulate the Franchise Office training plan with the Trainer creating continual professional development opportunities for all and support through relevant qualifications.
- Ensure all the relevant team fully utilise the learning management system to record ongoing training and all key players understand their responsibilities.
- Oversee the delivery of the highest level of training and keep up to date with sector developments and legislation.
- Monitor and evaluate the quality of training delivery and ensure all Home Instead materials and resources are being used effectively.
- Research and utilise funding from local sources.
Retention and Structured Support
- To ensure the end-to-end candidate experience is a positive and engaging proposition.
- Create a plan with the team for each stage of the CAREGiver journey to ensure they are fully supported, with touchpoints in place, especially within the first 12 weeks.
- Responsible for monitoring field-based observations and ensure supervisions and appraisals are recorded and kept up to date.
- Monitor the quality of annual appraisals and coach and develop key players in this area.
- Conduct supervision and annual appraisals for CAREGivers
- Support the completion of employee satisfaction questionnaires and develop and deliver an action plan based on the feedback.
- Monitor staff welfare, morale, and wellbeing.
- Create a Wellbeing framework for the office.
- Responsible for planning structured team meetings and social events.
- Owner of rewards and recognition programmes and communicating all the Home Instead resources available to the team.
- Review completion of exit interviews and identify any common threads to share with wider key player team to put solutions in place.
- Overall responsibility for employee files; ensuring that they are all compliant, up to date and accurate.
- Set targets, analyse and monitor, recruitment, retention, and training data to continually improve and hold teams accountable for the delivery of HR key performance indicators.
- Keep up to date on industry trends and best practices in all areas relating to CAREGiver recruitment, training, and engagement.
- Conduct annual appraisals for your own team.
- Monitor and champion equality, diversity and inclusion
- Aid in the recruitment and training of a high performing team of key players focused on the needs of clients and CAREGivers.
- Own the succession plan for the office and identify and develop talent
- Carry out any other duties deemed necessary for the successful operation of the business.
Your live-in carer duties may include but are not limited to:
- Providing companionship and company
- Supporting clients with personal care
- Administering Medication
- Light housework
- Preparing healthy meals
- Accompanying clients to appointments and social outings
- Supporting clients to pursue their hobbies, interests and social activities
- Offering specialised care for people with Dementia, Parkinson’s, Stroke and other conditions
- Typically 2-4 week assignments ( £100 - £120 per day)
Do you like building relationships? With growing demand for our outstanding services, we have vacancies for the right people to work locally in Exeter, Honiton, Exmouth, Sidmouth and surrounding areas, providing the highest quality non-medical care, personal care, home help and companionship, allowing the elderly to live independently in their own homes.