Paying for your care in Telford and Wrekin area

Keeping you independent
Keeping you independent

From Telford and Wrekin Council Fact Sheet - 'Paying for your care'.

Telford and Wrekin council may ask you to pay towards the cost of your care or support services you receive. They use government guidance to help them work out what you can afford to pay. 

Financial assessment 

They ask you to complete a financial assessment so that they can work out what you can afford to pay. They look at your individual financial situation and make sure you are getting all the benefits and allowances you should. They do not expect your partner to use their money to pay towards your care. There are different arrangements depending on whether you receive care in your own home or whether you are living in a residential home. 

The full policies can be accessed on the Telford and Wrekin website by following the links, or by contacting the Financial Case Management Team on 01952 383820:

A group of Home Instead CAREGivers talking
Family welcoming a Home Instead care manager into their home