Work with us as a Carer, with paid holidays and an excellent team along with an hourly range from £10.40 to £11.80 depending on type of work.
- Minimum 1 hour call times so you have time to care
- Joining Bonus*
- Excellent rates of pay £10.40 - £11.60 per hour plus enhanced Bank holiday rates
- Flexible hours Contract or Guarantee of 16 hours a week minimum*
- Free DBS check
- Paid mileage
- Full learning and development programme along with a 1-1 mentor.
- 12-week Care certificate.
- City & Guild accredited Dementia and End of Life courses.
- Regular clients local to Macclesfield and Congleton
- £100 refer a friend scheme.
- Rewards scheme and enhanced employee support line.
- 24/7 support to CAREGivers from the start of your journey with Home
Objective To provide a variety of non-medical services that allow clients to remain in their own homes and to enhance the quality of their life. To help clients and their families meet the challenges of ageing with dignity, pride, care and compassion.
· Must be available between 07:00 am to 3:00pm or 3:00pm to 10:00pm
· Able to work either alternate weekends or available some weekends
· Contribute to a positive living environment to enhance a client’s quality of life
· Document daily activities and report any significant changes in a client’s needs or living conditions
· Maintain regular communication with line manager and office staff
Personal Care Services which could include, but are not limited to:
· Provide medication reminders
· Help with bathing, dressing and grooming
· Help with continence care
· Assist to eat and drink
· Provide Dementia / Alzheimer care
· Provide respite / convalescence care
· Assist with morning/wake up and or evening/tuck in
· Offer companionship and conversation
· Monitor diet and eating
· Accompany to appointments and social events (for example visiting friends or family, lunch, club meetings)
Home Help Service
· Run errands / collect prescriptions etc
· Performing light housekeeping tasks (dusting, vacuuming, making beds, changing linens, cleaning bathrooms, kitchens, washing and ironing, taking out rubbish, caring for houseplants etc.)
· Organise and tidy cupboards and check food expiry dates
· Plan prepare and tidy away meals
· Answer the door
· Assist with pet care
· Supervise home maintenance
· Help with shopping and oversee home deliveries
· Ability to treat and care for clients and their property with dignity and respect
· Ability to adapt to various living environments and locations
· Ability to listen, communicate clearly and build relationships with clients and their families in a friendly and pleasant manner
· Willingness to work and communicate professionally with Home Instead office teams and other social and health care professionals
· Respect for people with different backgrounds and beliefs to your own and who may have a range of medical conditions. Commitment to non-discriminatory care practice
· Willing to seek guidance when needed and follow instructions
· Excellent time keeper who is organized and reliable
· Ability to adapt to change quickly and make common sense decisions at short notice
· Good hygiene practice, including personal hygiene and a smart appearance
· Good level of stamina and fitness to meet the physical demands of the job
· This role will require you to obtain an Enhanced Disclosure from the relevant body
· Class 1 business insurance (if using own car for business purposes)
*Terms and Conditions apply
Part-time hours: 16-40 per week