Growing older can be very stressful for some people, so can you imagine taking someone out of their home too? Our home care avoids this, and our CAREGivers allow older people to live long and happy lives, whilst promoting their autonomy and independence. Do you want to make a real difference to someone’s life?
£9.55-10.45 per hour and holiday pay on top!
This role will likely average 10-30 hours per week depending on your preference.
Are you looking for a flexible part-time role and want to make a genuine difference to the lives of others? We are looking for 'people people' to work one to one with older people in your local community. As a Caregiver & Elderly Befriender you could improve the quality of life for older person in your local community.
This is a totally unique care sector opportunity - what does the role involve? We will carefully match you to your own small circle of older adults in your local community and you will support them to live happy, independent lives by providing:
· Companionship, a cup of tea & a natter
· Shopping tips, social Calls, appointments, clubs & hobbies (own car advantageous)
· Preparing simple meals and light household duties
· Prompting & assisting your client with their medication
· Support getting in & out of the shower & getting dressed
· Help to & from the loo
There is no age limit for applicants and no formal experience is required. However, it is highly desirable & advantageous that you have a full driving licence and access to a vehicle. We have part-time jobs available in Clacton, Frinton & Walton. Come and help us on our mission to end loneliness amongst our local elderly population by joining our great team. You could be joining our award-winning, small, family-run, local home care company who's visits always involve an element of companionship. We have won multiple awards over the years and have built an excellent reputation in the local area. This home care service with the personal touch is different to any other care organisation in the area, providing a minimum of 1-hour home visits to a predominantly private client base, but the focus being on companionship and loneliness prevention.
There are some fantastic benefits & hours too in your role as Care Companion & Elderly Befriender, including:
· Flexible Part-time hours are available between 10-30 hours per week (unfortunately, we cannot offer purely school hours or full-time as each befriender only has a small circle of their own regular clients)
· If you have some availability early mornings or tea times or evenings & alternate weekends, then this position could fit around your other interests & commitments
· Excellent training is provided and you'll meet some likeminded people
· The biggest benefit of all is making a difference every day and putting a smile on your clients faces
Help us in our mission to end loneliness amongst our local elderly population
Please ensure you include a mobile number with your application so we can connect with you personally