It's not working, it's caring with Home Instead
CARE Assistant Winchester
Home Instead Senior Care is the world’s leading provider of non-medical care and companionship services for older people. With minimum visits of one hour, award winning training and an excellent reputation we are immensely proud of the quality of care we provide. We match our CAREGivers to our clients based on mutual interests and hobbies to help build trust and to help us to provide personalised support.
We are looking for people with kind, compassionate hearts who want to make a true difference to the quality of life for our clients to join our team in Winchester as a CAREGiver. and, because of the current COVID19 crisis, we need you more than ever.
As a CAREGiver, you will provide a variety of non-medical services to help keep our clients independent in their own home for as long as possible.
You do not need any experience or particular qualifications to become a CAREGiver. You will be reliable, trustworthy and respectful. You will enjoy building professional friendships and comfortable in spending time in the company of others.
What Makes us Different
- Call length minimum 1 hour – you are not rushed and can provide high quality care
- Travel time 15 mins minimum – you can get to your calls on time
- We care for the whole person – you get to do the kinder things, not just Personal Care
- We work locally – you will only work in Winchester and surrounding villages
- Class leading retention – people stay with Home Instead
- We are family owned – stable and friendly
- On Call staff available - to support you in a crisis
- Majority of office team have been Caregivers – they understand your role
- Caregiver Council – to give you a voice
No prior experience required.
- To care for our clients the way you would care for your parents, grandparents or friends.
- To demonstrate that care is more than a job for you.
- To be available 8am – 3pm and/or 4pm – 9pm, including alternate weekends
- To be a driver and have access to a car/vehicle
- Candidates welcome from all backgrounds – hospitality, retail, cleaners
- Over 18
· What We Offer
- £11.00 - £13.00/hr
- Paid call-to-call travel time
- Petrol Paid
- No uniform
- Fully funded Diplomas in Health & Social Care, City & Guilds Dementia Training and more
- Regular Team Meetings, Newsletters and Social Events
- Employee Assistance Programme - confidential help to promote your well-being
If you're looking for work which is extremely rewarding and satisfactory and have a high-degree of flexibility to meet our clients' needs, we would love to hear from you. Please click on 'I'm Interested' or alternatively, contact us on 01962 736681 or email [email protected]
We encourage applications from all sections of the community as we want to reflect the neighbourhoods in which we work. Home Instead Senior Care is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. This role is subject to DBS enhanced disclosure.