Excellent opportunity available!
Trainee Care Coordinator
Amazing opportunities to further develop your career in CARE!
Home Instead is the world’s leading provider of domiciliary care, live-in care, non-medical care and companionship services for older people. With passionate and motivated staff, award winning training and an excellent reputation we are immensely proud of the quality of care we provide. We match our CAREGivers to our clients based on mutual interests and hobbies to help build bonds of trust and this enables us to provide personalised support. Our team has been rated ‘outstanding’ by the Care Quality Commission.
We are looking for an individual to join our Scheduling team as a Trainee Care Coordinator. The successful candidate will be responsible for the planning and allocation of care calls for our CAREGivers (Carers) using scheduling software. CAREGivers are assigned to service users (clients), and the scheduling team then works to ensure that all care calls are filled daily as well as when there are times of staff sickness, holiday or emergencies.
Trainee Care coordinating is a rewarding role but can be very demanding, so you will need to have good organisational skills, an eye for detail, the ability to work well under pressure and communicate well with our clients, office team and CAREGivers. You will be trained and supported in this role by the Scheduling Manager.
- Understand and build effective and efficient schedules around our clients and CAREGivers.
- Ensure schedules are prepared, considering travel time, holidays, training and last-minute cancellations
- Be responsive to changes in the schedule and liaise with relevant team members
- Match CAREGivers to new clients in conjunction with client services team and arrange introductions
- Ensure client schedules are matched to their needs, with the same CAREGiver and the same times each week, where possible
- Develop excellent relationships with both clients and CAREGivers so both can enjoy positive experiences
- Work with the Recruitment Manager to ensure sufficient current and future staffing levels are met
- Work with the Care team to ensure new and existing care packages can be resourced and scheduled on a timely basis
- Add and maintain all client and CAREGiver information onto to the electronic scheduling system
- Act as our ‘out of hours’ duty officer one evening per week and one weekend per month
- Act as a reserve CAREGiver on occasion if required
- Carry out any other duties deemed necessary for the successful operation of the business
- Working for a Care Quality Commission rated ‘outstanding' company alongside a friendly and committed team
- Excellent rates of pay
- Workplace pension
- 20 days holiday per year (pro rata) plus bank holidays
- Staff discount portal
- Employee assistance programme
- Experience in the care provision at a level that reflects the responsibilities of the post would be useful
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Good literacy and numeracy skills
- Good presentation skills
- Computer literate
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build rapport quickly
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to multi-task
- Logical and analytical with the ability to work on own initiative and meet deadlines.
- Administrative experience
- Full driving licence
- Owner of a vehicle
- Be friendly, calm, patient and able to work under pressure
- Level 3 NVQ in Health and Social Care or equivalent.
- Experience in Coordination, Supervisor or Senior Care Worker within a care providing organisation.
- Local geographical knowledge
If you have a passion for caring and the motivation to help us achieve our ambitions, we would love to hear from you. Please either apply or contact Rebecca Griffiths on 020 8658 2535 or email [email protected]
We encourage applications from all sections of the community as we want to reflect the neighbourhoods in which we work. Home Instead is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. This role is subject to a DBS enhanced disclosure.