There is no upper age limit for applications and becoming a Care Assistant & Companion could be perfect for you. We have roles available in the Bromley, Orpington, West Wickham, Hayes, Shortlands, Beckenham, Keston, Chislehurst, Bickley, Farnborough and surrounding areas of the London Borough of Bromley.
Have you ever considered a career change? Do you have time each week to make a real difference to someone's life? Are you kind, compassionate and reliable? Then why not apply to become one of our fantastic team of CAREGivers?
Home Instead provide high quality, person-centered care to enable our clients to live as fully, safely and independently as possible at home.
No experience is necessary as full training is given to all new CAREGivers and will be refreshed throughout your career with us. We carefully match our clients and CAREGivers based on similar hobbies and interest. All of our calls are a minimum of 60 minutes so you will have time to deliver excellent standard of care and have time to enjoy getting to know your clients.
Our services are non-medical and can include companionship, home help, personal care, meal preparation, post-hospital care, support with hobbies & interests and much more!
Specific days and times of work can be mutually discussed at the interview stage, but we do require our CAREGivers to work every other weekend. It is essential you hold a full UK driving license and have your own vehicle as you may be required to take our client's out and about into the community or to any appointments they may have.
We are looking for people with kind, compassionate hearts who want to make a true difference to the quality of life for our clients to join our team in Bromley, Kent as a CAREGiver. As a CAREGiver, you will provide a variety of non-medical services to help them keep independent in their own home.
You do not need any experience or particular qualifications to become a CAREGiver. However, it would be useful to have some experience of working in a care setting or interacting with older people. This could be personal experience or voluntary experience. You will have a passion for supporting others and pride yourself on delivering an outstanding service. You will be reliable, trustworthy and respectful. You will enjoy building professional friendships and be comfortable in spending time in the company of others.
Growing older can be very stressful for some people, so can you imagine taking someone out of their home too? Our home care avoids this, and our CAREGivers allow older people to live long and happy lives, whilst promoting their autonomy and independence. Do you want to make a real difference to someone’s life?
Weekend CAREGivers will work on both Saturdays and Sundays. Specific times can be discussed at interview stage.
We are looking for people who are available from 7am – 10pm, every or every other weekend. You will be employed on a 10 hour contract, with the potential to work over this amount each week. To be able to accommodate visiting the required number of clients during your shift, it is essential that you are a driver with your own car.
We have a minimum visit duration of 1 hour with all our clients, and we allow adequate travel time between clients.
- Carry out initial consultation assessments
- Draw up tailored person-centred care plans for new clients
- Maintain ongoing service user compliance, by undertaking care plan and risk assessment reviews
- Conduct QA assessments, service reviews and audits
- Carry out introductions every time a CAREGiver is matched to a client for the first time
- Liaise closely with Care Coordinators and team regarding recruitment and allocation of individually matched CAREGivers to ensure our client’s needs are met
- Monitor, supervise and mentor all CAREGivers
- Ensure all services are compliant with legislations, CQC standards and regulations
- Encourage and identify opportunities for CAREGivers continuing professional development
- Monitor and assess all clients for customer satisfaction
- Ensure the accuracy and compliance of all documentation held
- Ensure that all written reports and administration is up to date
- Delivering client care as required
- Undertake and manage MAR chart and daily log audits
- To conduct spot checks and provide ongoing supervision and support to the care team
- Ensure the recording of all necessary information clearly and legibly in line with record keeping policies and procedures
- Responding to complaints and queries from service users
- To participate in the growth and development of the business, achieving targets and delivery within budgets
- Participate in on-call rota covering alternate weekends and 1 evening per week
- Based on reception, meeting and greeting clients and CAREGivers
- To manage all elements of office and recruitment administration whilst providing support to the senior management team
- To assist in the planning, coordinating and scheduling of client support alongside the Scheduler, ensuring the continuity of service at all times
- Managing CAREGivers rotas ensuring consistency of advanced set schedules
- To work closely with Care Manager and team in co-ordinating all care services
- To assist with maintenance of records, in written or computerised format
- Deal promptly and appropriately with any queries received or concerns raised
- To ensure compliance and quality assurance is met in line with company procedures and CQC regulations
- To ensure that all associated information is recorded accurately and promptly
- Build and maintain effective communication with all clients, relatives, CAREGivers and associated professionals
- Reporting any recruitment needs to ensure all client requirements and needs are fulfilled
- To provide cover in other business areas as and when required