· To provide prompt and accurate responses to ongoing client care needs, generated by changes in Clients care needs, observations from CAREGivers or the Home Instead management team, or requests for change from clients and their families.
· Following up on suggestions or ideas for improvements in clients’ care, from observations in audits and file/activity log reviews or in response to HISC National Office changes.
· A key player in the team, but reporting to the Registered Care Manager, this role will ensure the rest of the team are updated on required actions or outcomes, referring to the Care Manager and other team members for advice and input when required.
· When a client’s needs change and perhaps become more intense, such as in an impending end-of-life situation, or upon hospital discharge for example, this role-holder will take a pro-active management role in ensuring that all parties receive the required level of support in situations where care needs may quickly alter.
· Ensuring that all notes and client documentation is updated and accurate from any actions or outcomes, for effective compliance, evidence, communication and client customer service/care management.
· Providing administration support for the Field Supervisors.
· Along with all office team members, there may be an occasional need to stand in with clients if required, to ensure client visits are delivered on time and as required.
· Undertake activity log and file auditing, for compliance and learnings
· The role-holder will also form part of the on-call team, taking turns in providing weekend on-call phone cover (approx. 1 in 5-6 weekends, and occasionally during the week).
We welcome CAREGivers from all walks of life, backgrounds, ages, and they play a key role in delivering our personal approach to care and facilitate the things our clients wish to do, from taking a walk down the sea front to doing shopping together. We match our CAREGivers with our clients based on personality, interests, hobbies and lifestyle to enable long lasting, reliable relationships for both.
As a CAREGiver, you would receive full training, shadowing, support and mentorship through your whole journey, therefore experience is NOT essential for this role, but a social personality, willingness to learn, flexible attitude and genuine care and compassion towards older people.
Driving license and a car is NOT essential but travel between clients will be necessary.
This is a part-time role, with no obligation to do any particular number of hours, however, ability to work in the evenings and weekends is highly desirable due to currently available work.
We are looking for compassionate people, who have genuine interest in caring for others, and have availability to do something truly rewarding and fulfilling with their extra time.
This is a part-time role, and is perfect for someone, who likes building relationships, being a part of a caring community, and can offer a reliable, continuous care. Driving license and a car is NOT essential but you will be required to do some travelling between clients.
As a Home Instead CAREGiver, you will be visiting our clients in their own homes for MINIMUM an hour at a time, helping them with daily needs like conversation, companionship, easy meals, light housekeeping and whatever else they need help with, so they can continue staying in their own homes safely.
We will allocate your working hours around your existing commitments and offer you everything you need to be a great Home Instead Caregiver.
Whether you have retired but still would like to work, you are a student who has free time, or you are bored of what you have been doing and need a fresh new start, contact us today to find out more about what we can offer you.