Industry lead training, pension.
Our office was established in 2014 and our mission is to brighten the lives of older adults giving them a sense of purpose, wellbeing & worth. This role will play a vital part ensuring that our clients receive the best in class quality care and support the growth of our business.
Due to promotion of the current Care Manager to Ops Manager, this is an exciting opportunity for a Care Manager or someone looking for the next step who has a strong care background and a passion for high quality care, to join our team in Bedford.
As our Care Manager, reporting directly to the Ops Manager, you will be involved in the growth and development of our domiciliary care service ensuring the delivery of outstanding quality care. This will include supporting the Ops Manager with the efficient running of the business, quality control, managing the needs of the clients and day to day management of internal staff and our CAREGivers. This role is suitable for both an experienced Care Manager looking for a new challenge or a highly motivated Care Supervisor or Co-ordinator who is looking for the next step up in their career.
In this varied and challenging role, you will be involved in:
- Working closely with the Ops Manager to coordinate the development of a high quality private domiciliary care service for older people in the local area
- Promoting the highest standards of care and service
- Involved in recruiting and training CAREGivers
- Converting new client enquiries and coordinating staffing rotas
- Care planning and conducting risk assessments ensuring compliance to relevant legal and regulatory requirements
- Managing a team, making sure that exceptional service is delivered to our clients and workloads are managed accordingly
- Ensuring successful operation of quality control systems and performing quality assurance visits for clients
- Effectively managing complaints and incidents, carrying out investigations relating to the quality of the service and using those findings to initiate improvements
- Promoting a positive culture in line with the Home Instead ethos and values.
To be successful, you will:
- Have Care experience with a proven track record in providing consistent excellent customer service.?
- Have or be willing to work towards Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care and Children and Young People's Services or equivalent.?
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of compliance and legislative requirements of the care regulations.?
- Strong skills in conducting care assessment and care planning.?
- Good understanding of systems and processes.?
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.?
- Ability to inspire others and build fantastic working relationships.?
- Strong organisation and planning skills.?
- Drive and motivation to take on a broad role and develop care services.?
- Passionate about providing the highest quality of care.?
- Commercially aware and have strong influencing and negotiating skills.? ?
- Ability to work well and accurately under pressure.?
- Be responsive, agile and remain calm whilst dealing with multiple priorities.?
- Be flexible to meet demands of the business including participating in an on-call rota.?
Good working knowledge of?IT Systems with experience of?Microsoft Office or Google Suite, working with databases?and?virtual communication platforms with the ability to learn and adopt new technologies where appropriate.?
Due to the need to support the On-Call function, which may require the support of team members out in the field in emergency situations, and the requirement to travel throughout the community to conduct new client assessments, you should have a driving licence and access to a vehicle.?
If you have a passion for caring and the motivation to help us achieve our ambitions, we would love to hear from you.
We encourage applications from all sections of the community as we want to reflect the neighbourhoods in which we work. Home Instead is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. This role is subject to DBS enhanced disclosure.