Adult Care Worker Apprentice (Level 2)
Home Instead is the world’s leading provider of non-medical care and companionship services for older people. Home Instead Aylesbury Vale was established in 2013. We pride ourselves on the delivery of high-quality relationship led care in our clients own homes.
We are looking to offer a number of Adult Care Apprenticeship roles (Level 2 Diploma) across Aylesbury, Thame and Leighton Buzzard, which is a great opportunity for you to launch your career in community care. You will be actively studying with the Bucks College Group, whilst supporting our clients in the community with a variety of non-medical services that allow them to remain in their own homes and enhance the quality of their life through person centred care.
We are happy to be able to offer flexible hours and shifts to work around your life; mornings, afternoons, and / or evenings. However, working alternative weekends is essential.
Care Assistant Duties:
· Offer companionship and conversation
· Home help services such as meal preparations and light housekeeping.
· Support with Personal care
· Monitor diet and eating
· Support with medication reminders
· Competitive rates of pay
· Paid training time
· Optional overtime available
· Option to continue with Level 3 Health and Social Care Qualification
· Various shift patterns available
· Paid mileage
· Excellent timekeeper
· Working every other weekend is essential
· Car driver
· Must have a Level 1 Functional Skills (Maths & English) or Grade 3 in GCSE or equivalent (otherwise you will be expected to complete this as well with Bucks College Group).
Full comprehensive training will be provided to all candidates.
We encourage applications from all sections of the community as we want to reflect the neighbourhoods in which we work. Home Instead Senior Care is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of adults and expects all staff to share this commitment.