Home Instead Senior Care is the world’s leading provider of non-medical care and companionship services for older people. With minimum visits of one hour, award winning training and an excellent reputation we are immensely proud of the quality of care we provide. We match our CAREGivers to our clients based on mutual interests and hobbies to help build bonds of trust and enables us to provide personalised support.
Home Instead Aylesbury are looking for a Team Leader to join us. We have recently won 5 star employer award for 2020.
Have you worked in a Care Team and gained a depth of knowledge and experience that has prepared you to now be ready for your next opportunity?
Purpose of Job
To professionally lead our CAREGiver team to ensure they meet the clients Care Plan needs, ensuring that a safe, effective and efficient care service is always delivered. To assess any ongoing changes required to clients Care Plans enabling our clients to continue with a good quality of life. To provide care to clients in accordance with their assessed needs to an industry leading standard.
Team Leader Responsibilities:
· Provide leadership and encouragement to care staff following the formal support and supervision processes.
· Support new CAREGiver’s in joining Home Instead by providing shadowing opportunities, completing induction programs, training and competency assessments.
· Supports team members in answering queries and problem resolution
· Communicates updates to team members on best practice and continuing expectations
· Oversees work of CAREGiver’s for quality and compliance and effectively addresses any concerns.
· Conduct and maintain client service management processes, such as service and Care Plan reviews.
· Implement health and safety audits and risk assessments in client’s homes.
· Ensure all clients are treated with the utmost dignity and respect.
· Liaise with other professionals with regard to referrals and the on-going care of current and potential clients.
· Participates in the on-call rota ensuring client care is not compromised outside of office hours.
· To have achieved or working towards and NVQ in Health and Social Care (Level 3)
· Strong organisational and planning skills
· Fantastic Customer Service skills
· Breadth and depth of Care Giving experience
· Strong IT literacy and ability to learn company systems
· Understanding and commitment to provide care outside of office when required
· Must have flexibility to meet the requirements of the role to address out of hours client care and Emergencies
We encourage applications from all sections of the community as we want to reflect the neighbourhoods in which we work. Home Instead Senior Care is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. This role is subject to DBS enhanced disclosure.
We will consider someone who has depth of care experience looking to take the next step from a salary of up to £25,000, in the capacity of a trainee as a starting point. This role would suit someone who has been in any of the following roles: Health Care Assistant, Senior Care Worker, Care Assistant, Support Worker or a related role.