As we get older, our immune systems become less efficient which is why it is even more important to eat right and be as nutritious as possible.
Eating healthily involves eating more quality proteins, vitamins, and carbohydrates while reducing the amount of processed foods, saturated fats and alcohol you intake. A healthy diet allows you to maintain your body’s everyday functions and prevent disease.
Eating healthier can be a difficult process therefore gradual changes will help you improve the way you eat in the long run. For example, replace sugary drinks with water or switch from full fat to low fat dairy products. Snacking on fruit rather than crisps or chips is a much healthier alternative.
Here are Home Instead Sheffield’s reasons to improve your diet
- Improves Mood: Doing right by your body pays off for your mind as well. Eating a healthy diet as well as exercising help boost your confidence and self-esteem.
- Combats Diseases: Healthy habits can help prevent certain health conditions such as heart disease, stroke, and high blood pressure, by boosting high-density lipoprotein (HDL), or "good," cholesterol and decreasing unhealthy triglycerides. This combination keeps your blood flowing smoothly, decreasing your risk of cardiovascular diseases.
- Boosts Energy: We've all experienced the energy drop that comes from eating foods high in sugar and saturated fats. When you eat a balanced diet including whole grains, lean meats, low-fat dairy products, and fruits and vegetables, your body has the fuel that it needs to manage your energy levels.
- Improves Longevity: When you practice healthy habits, you boost your chances of a longer life.
- Controls Weight: Eating right and exercising regularly can help you avoid excess weight gain and maintain a healthy weight.
I welcome any suggestions for future topics from you all. All you have to do is write to me at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to 6 Shirley House, 31 Psalter Lane, Sheffield, S11 8YL.